Ashoka is excited to launch the African Social Investment Accelerator to support social entrepreneurs across the continent to refine their business model and become… read more
|Location||Arlington, VA, USA|
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Réunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Ashoka is an international citizen-sector organization whose mission is to build an Everyone a Changemaker World™.
An Everyone a Changemaker World™ is one that responds quickly and effectively to social challenges, and where each individual has the freedom, confidence and societal support to address any social problem and self identify as a driver of change.
Ashoka is the world’s leading community of over 3500 social entrepreneurs. We champion the most important new social change ideas and support the innovators behind them by helping them get started, grow, collaborate and reshape whole systems.
Since 1990, the Ashoka network in Africa has yielded some valuable insights about systems-changing solutions to improve social and economic outcomes on the continent. At the core of every innovation is a changemaker who saw a gap and entrepreneured a solution. That’s why, in addition to finding and supporting leading social entrepreneurs and identifying patterns in social innovation, Ashoka Africa now builds partnerships focused on supporting emerging changemakers and playing a critical role in convening collaborative ecosystems that will ensure Africa is a place where everyone works together to shift social systems.
- Pro poor Tuition fees financing / Payment Model
- Giving farmers a better deal
- Ondemand homemade food platform
- Exportunity is a Blockachain-based African B2B2C trade platform
- Empowering coffee farmers to own their coffee coffee for high prices
- DigiShop marketplace for smallholder farmers
- Transforming African Food Retail
- Unlocking information to optimize crop yield
- Offering unique tailor made fertilizer
- We develop apps to improve the Last Mile distribution of goods and services at the Bottom of the Pyr…