UBS and Ashoka call on the active social entrepreneurs in Mexico to apply to:
Visionaris | UBS Award for Social Entrepreneur 2021, which will be awarded to that social entrepreneur who has conceived a successful social impact model in Mexico and designed a viable, effective and sustainable model that will contribute significantly to the achievement of one or more of the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- End of poverty (1)
- Health and wellbeing (3)
- Quality education (4)
- Clean water and sanitation (6)
- Reducing inequalities (10)
- Responsible production and consumption (12)
- Climate action (13)
The Visionaris 2021 application process will be divided into two phases. The first stage will be open until April 19, 2021, and the candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the following parameters:
- The social impact achieved since the organization’s implementation
- The changes in people’s lives are taken into account, the number of people who will be directly and indirectly reached, the profile of the beneficiaries, the place where they are located and their degree of vulnerability and social, political and economic risk.
- Explanation and justification of the chosen model
- innovation of your organization’s day-to-day approach and how actions are maintained.
- Detail of activities with a view to 2030 to help achieve the above-mentioned Sustainable Development Goals and Goals
- It is taken into account how the 2030 agenda is being developed and what the expected results and replicability of its model are.
Of the set of first-phase candidates, a total of seven candidates will be chosen to participate in the second stage; the communication on the decision will be received by 3 May 2021 at the latest.. Such candidates will have until May 19, 2021 to fill out a more detailed application form that will be made to them in due course, and to send a three-minute video in which they will have to describe the model that will significantly contribute to the achievement of one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals and Goals that are mentioned on these lines. A telephone interview will also be conducted with these participants, at a later date to be defined.
As a result of the evaluation conducted in this second stage, four candidates (“the finalists”) will be chosen to present their projects to the Visionaris Selection Committee on September 30, 2021 in a virtual manner. Said collegiate body will choose the winner of Visionaris 2021.
The winner of Visionaris 2021 will receive a diploma and the amount of USD 25,000 (twenty-five thousand 00/100 American Dollars) or its equivalent in national currency, by bank transfer in the name of the organization, to execute the model that will help in the achievement of one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals described in the previous section.
Each of the other three finalists will receive a diploma and the amount of USD 5,000 (five thousand 00/100 American Dollars) or its equivalent in national currency, by bank transfer in the name of the organization that will aim for the related use of your project.
In addition to the economic contribution, the finalists will have the opportunity to participate in several seminars on communication and topics related to the effective management of a social enterprise. In addition, the only participation in the award event is an excellent opportunity to extend the network of contacts and to know potential donors, which is a non-economic aspect of the prize that should also be considered.
The winner will receive in a pro bono way a consultancy service provided by one of the leading global consulting firms. The theme of the service will be in line with the area of opportunity identified by the entrepreneur and the company.
|Program dates||Mar 19 - Sep 30, 2021|
|SDG (7)||1. No Poverty, 3. Good Health and Well-being, 4. Quality Education, 6. Clean Water and Sanitation, 10. Reduced Inequality, 12. Responsible Consumption and Production, 13. Climate Action|