Committed is a movement of young Latin Americans seeking to generate positive change through innovative initiatives, based on their involvement with the 17 Sustainable Development Goals-SDGs. This year will be focused on problems related to losoceans.
Through a collaborative platform, we are looking for teams of young people between the ages of 18 and 29, who live in Latin American countries and consider themselves agents of change, infect others and improve their communities together. To do this we propose a call, with the aim of supporting and visibilizing their initiatives that contribute to the advancement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
We invite these young people to participate in the community comunidad.socialab.com/challenges/comprometidosconlosoceanos to upload their initiatives, to comment on others, to share the ones they like, to connect with each other.
All people who upload a proposal are invited to participate in the Committed Community, where young people from Latin America and the Caribbean meet the same goals of generating a social change through their being as agents of change.
They will also be invited to subscribe to the National Geographic Society’s GenGeo initiative, a global community of young people who are driving progress and seeking solutions to protect the planet.
The goals are:
- promote innovative initiatives that contribute to the sustainable development of communities, to social inclusion, and to strengthening the role of young people as agents of change for development.
- Bringing young people closer to networks of organizations, universities, international organizations, and public and private sectors that promote entrepreneurship, creativity, the use of technologies and innovation as drivers of social change.
- Involving young people as protagonists in the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, knowing that the opportunity is in their hands to push for the necessary changes to be achieved.
- To influence governments to generate public policies to support entrepreneurship and social innovation involving people young people at all stages and evidencing the importance of public-private collaboration.
In the framework of the “Committed to the Oceans” Challenge led with National Geographic Society will be chosen three winners and each will receive USD 2,000 (two thousand US dollars). They will be selected by a jury.
|Program dates||Sep 15 - Oct 15, 2021|
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
13. Climate Action, 14. Life Below Water