Finding the right mentor can be tricky. How do you know who to turn to? Do you just ask the smartest or most senior person you know in your industry? Not so quick. The needs of you and your startup are specific. Understanding those needs is your best starting point. Finding a mentor who is a good fit for your business is not as hard as finding a needle in a haystack but it’s also not a one size fits all situation. So, what are those all-important considerations you need to keep in mind? Let’s find out.
𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘦 episode 3
- Hamidah Thanawala (mentor)
- Trudi Haemmerli (mentor)
- Bhavna Saraf (mentor)
- Ozaal Zesha (mentee) Chief Executive Officer of ClassNotes
- Sethebe Manake (mentee) Founder of Vantage Properties
- To what extent do you think that the industry or sector that a startup is operating in should influence the choice of mentor to approach?
- The rate of change in industries and sectors is now at a rate never seen before. Should this influence a startup’s choice of mentor?
Also available on Anchor, Breaker, Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, and Spotify.
- For real-time expert guidance click through to the Mentorship Marketplace where you can make a mentorship request to hundreds of mentors
- Pick a course in the VC4A Startup Academy, the leading online resource for startup founders
- Get bite-size video clips where top tips and hacks are shared by business experts and seasoned investors by watching the VentureReady Hacks series
- Learn about resilience strategies and get priceless advice from some of our community’s most successful startup founders in the Founder Series podcast