You might wonder if the stage of your business affects the type of mentor you should seek. To get to the bottom of this question we asked our mentors and mentees whether each new stage of business development demands a new mentor with new skills and expertise. Should you look for one mentor when developing a prototype and then another when seeking seed funding? While there are certain mentors who can stay with you throughout your journey, serving more as life advisors or guides, when it comes to seeking mentors with specific skill sets, the answers may surprise you…
𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘦 episode 2
- Bhanva Saraf (mentor)
- Ananth Raja Ram (mentor)
- Silumesii Maboshe (mentor)
- Tinashe Guramatunhu (mentee) Founder of Kings Online
- Can one mentor stay with an entrepreneur throughout their entrepreneur’s journey?
- How does a venture’s stage of growth affect the type of mentor they need?
- At each stage, what type of support can a mentor most effectively provide?
- What should a founder consider when choosing their first mentor?
Also available on Anchor, Breaker, Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic and Spotify.
- For real-time expert guidance click through to the Mentorship Marketplace where you can make a mentorship request to hundreds of mentors
- Pick a course in the VC4A Startup Academy, the leading online resource for startup founders
- Get bite-size video clips where top tips and hacks are shared by business experts and seasoned investors by watching the VentureReady Hacks series
- Learn about resilience strategies and get priceless advice from some of our community’s most successful startup founders in the Founder Series podcast