While you’re busy trying to grow your startup, it can feel like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done, let alone eat and even sleep! But evidence highlighting the power of mentorship cannot be ignored. Entrepreneurs with mentors tend to perform better by leveraging their mentor’s wisdom and pool of knowledge and networks. On this episode we’ll outline the reasons why a mentor is indeed necessary!
Mentorwise episode 1
- Hamidah Thanawala (mentor)
- Trudi Haemmerli (mentor)
- Silumesii Maboshe (mentor)
- Ozaal Zesha (mentee) Chief Executive Officer of ClassNotes
- Sethebe Manake (mentee) Founder of Vantage Properties
- Do busy startup founders really need a mentor, surely there are exceptions?
- What is mentoring really about and what are some of the misconceptions that hold people back from taking advantage?
Also available on Anchor, Breaker, Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic and Spotify.
- For real-time expert guidance click through to the Mentorship Marketplace where you can make a mentorship request to hundreds of mentors
- Pick a course in the VC4A Startup Academy, the leading online resource for startup founders
- Get bite-size video clips where top tips and hacks are shared by business experts and seasoned investors by watching the VentureReady Hacks series
- Learn about resilience strategies and get priceless advice from some of our community’s most successful startup founders in the Founder Series podcast