|Targets||Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Uganda|
Agribusiness, Diversified services, Education, Financial services, Food and beverage, Healthcare, Renewable energy
SHONA’s work is to build a thriving East African private sector driven by Good Businesses. We do this in three ways:
GROWTH: We grow East African Good Businesses. We run programs and initiatives that support entrepreneurs to grow Good Businesses.
COMMUNITY: We are building a movement of allies, including entrepreneurs, experts, advisors, investors, and more, who collectively advance Good Businesses.
- Building and maintaining a network of people that directly support and invest in our Good Businesses.
- Supporting people to individually and collectively advance Good Businesses.
- Creating spaces for people to connect, collaborate and share ideas to advance Good Businesses.
INFLUENCE: We advance Good Businesses by changing mindsets and behaviors of the people we work with and our external environment.
- Leading by example, being a Good Business ourselves.
- Coaching, educating and supporting entrepreneurs and companies to become Good Businesses.
- Motivating, coaching and facilitating our network to promote and support Good Businesses.
- Advocating, supporting and inspiring change to the external environment to practice Good Business.
Good Businesses are viable businesses (consistent revenue & profit growth and strong organizational health) that positively benefit society by creating and optimizing value for all their stakeholders, including customers, employees, owners, value chain partners and the communities in which they are based.