AgroData map honey-bees using GIS/Remote Sensing and invented the “iSmart hives” creating a Community Bee-Agrifood Network (CBAN). A communal bee-centered cropping model in which beehives are installed (for free) on smallholder farms to support crop pollination by bees.
We are optimizing farmlands and upscaling the natural honey value chain in Nigeria. We process and aggregate the RAW HONEY harvested across the network of farms and packaged as Freshdew Natural Honey. Our farmers earn from a revenue-sharing scheme and there has being a progressive improvement in crop yield with lower inorganic fertilizer usage.
1. Progressive improvement in crop yield (pollination by bees)
2. Soil restoration – preference to green manures and reduced use of inorganic fertilizers
3. Environmental friendly farming, biodiversity improvement & circularity
4. Improved farm income ( extra income from harvested honey)
5. Reduction in farm operating expenses (lesser fertilizers)
|Sectors||Agribusiness, Agritech, Environmental services|
|Stage||Sign in to view details|
|Markets||Sign in to view details|
|Customer model||Sign in to view details|
|Revenue||Upgrade to view details|
|Contact||Sign in to view details|