|Targets||Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo|
Agribusiness, Creative, media and entertainment, Diversified services, EdTech, Education, Financial services, Food and beverage, Healthcare, HealthTech, Internet, Mobile, Renewable energy, Retail, Telecom, Transport and logistics, Utilities, Waste management and recycling, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Wholesale
MakeSense is a global NGO mobilising citizens (30,000) to solve the challenges of social entrepreneurs: social entrepreneurs are creating ventures that provide solutions to the most pressing social and environmental problems. We believe that these entrepreneurs can find sustainable business models to have long-lasting social impact. Our community of 1500 members helped 1800 entrepreneurs world-wide in 5 years.
Next to innovation and challenge-solving workshops (online + offline) and a variety of public events, we also engage companies, governments and institutions to accelerate the impact of these entrepreneurs. Over the past years we have engaged companies like Danone, BCG or SAP or the United Nations on issues from digital education to waste or food security.Next to innovation and challenge-solving workshops (online + offline) and a variety of public events, we also engage companies, governments and institutions to accelerate the impact of these entrepreneurs. Over the past years we have engaged companies like Danone, BCG or SAP or the United Nations on issues from digital education to waste or food security.
MakeSense in Africa
In Africa, we are based in Dakar with an innovation hub at the Institut Africain de Management (IAM). In two years we have worked with 100 entrepreneurs and mobilized 5000 people around their challenges. We are also running a special university program on social innovation with the IAM.
Examples of our longer innovation programs:
- Our Acceleration Programme in Mexico City, Paris, Dakar and Burssels: SenseCube: www.sensecube.cc
- Our Educational Branch in Europe and Senegal training students and professionals in how to use innovation and social entrepreneurship as a tool to solve social&environmental problems: SenseSchool: www.senseschool.cc
- Our global Corporate Consultancy creating challenge-solving communities within and outside of big companies: CommonSense: www.commonsense.cc
- Our Media Platform to diffuse the stories of entrepreneurs and engage more people to take action for causes they care about: MakeSenseStories: www.stories.makesense.org
GET IN TOUCH IF YOU ARE ….
- AN ENTREPRENEUR IN AFRICA
…solving social or environmental problems in West Africa, and you are facing a non-finance related challenge (business model, crowdfunding, marketing,…)
…in Côte d’ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso and Senegal and are you tackling FOOD or WOMEN EMPOWERMENT related issues
…We can help you solve your challenges!
- A COMPANY, NGO OR PUBLIC ACTOR
interested in working with us on bottom-up innovation, community building or any of our professional services/programs listed above
- A CITIZEN
that would like to learn key innovation and challenge solving skills to solve concrete business and creativity challenges