The Food Connection Challenge (FCC), a business incubation initiative focusing on solving post-harvest losses together with local SMEs, has selected a highly diverse and… read more
Cliquez icipour la version française de cette page et le formulaire d’inscription.
Are you an SME in Nigeria or Benin, active in the agri & food sector and struggling with issues related to storing, processing, cleaning, grading, handling or transporting of (processed) agricultural products?
Join the Food Connection Challenge!
In 2018, the Food Connection Challenge calls upon SMEs in Nigeria and Benin to submit their innovative ideas to reduce post – harvest losses. You will benefit from workshops, training sessions, innovation jams and remote coaching to improve your ideas and turn them into a business plan that is ready to be implemented. The best plans will be pitched at a final event. If you win you will receive matching funding from the Postharvest Network to realize your plans, up to a maximum of €20,000.
Ready for the challenge?
- From April 9th – May 18 th 2018: Register online
- June: Selection of participants by an independent committee
- July: Participants receive a 3 – day business training
- September: 1 – day innovation session to improve business cases
- September / October: Participants work on their ideas through (remote) coaching
- November / December: Participants receive a pitch training
- December: The grand finale, where participants present their ideas and winners are selected
- Fact sheet Food Connection Challenge – Post harvest losses in Nigeria
- Selection criteria and selection process
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Food Connection Challenge is an initiative of BoP Innovation Center and Crosswise Works. Two separate challenges take place simultaneously in Nigeria and Benin. For more information on the challenge in Nigeria, contact Alexander Bongers (email@example.com), and for the challenge in Benin, contact Sedjro Mensah (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To learn more about our previous Food Connection Challenge in Ghana, please click here.
|Program dates||Jun 3 - Dec 31, 2018|
|Organizer||Food Connection Challenge|
|Sectors||Agribusiness, Agritech, EdTech, HealthTech|
|Ojoro Kitchen Limited|
Agricultural processing and packaging company
|Nigeria||Agribusiness, Food and beverage, Manufacturing|
Reducing food related health challenges by producing nutritious food
|Nigeria||Animal farming, Crop farming, Food production||Growth stage|
|ASSIBA FEE SARL|
|Benin||Agribusiness, Agrichemicals||Growth stage|
Develops strategies and technologies to optimize agricultural processes
|Smiley’z Mobile Kitchen|
Tasty Healthy Treats at your convenience
|Nigeria||Agribusiness, Food and beverage, Food production||Startup stage|
DELUXE: for your pleasure and your health
|Huilerie Royale Ted industralization move|
HRTed adds the value of coconut oil and by-products in Benin.