The Food Connection Challenge (FCC), a business incubation initiative focusing on solving post-harvest losses together with local SMEs, has selected a highly diverse and… read more
|Location||Arthur van Schendelstraat 500, Utrecht, Netherlands|
|Targets||Benin, Ghana, Nigeria|
|Sectors||Agribusiness, Crop farming|
The Food Connection Challenge creates an opportunity for African agribusinesses and Dutch products and service providers to find joint solutions to address food losses in the agrifood value chain.
Post-harvest losses constitute a major hindrance for businesses in the agri-food value chain worldwide to achieve maximized results. It has been assessed that up to 40% of the food produced is wasted due to inappropriate post-harvest practices, poor storage facilities or weak transportation system. Apart from being an obstacle to the scaling of local businesses, food losses restrain the efficiency of agri-food value chains which therefore achieve suboptimal results.
- Agricultural processing and packaging company
- Reducing food related health challenges by producing nutritious food
- Integrated crop production
- Develops strategies and technologies to optimize agricultural processes
- Tasty Healthy Treats at your convenience
- Processing groundnuts for human and animal consumption
- DELUXE: for your pleasure and your health