In 2022, the second edition of this program will be held, which aims at the incubation of 10 innovative social enterprises led by young entrepreneurs, who contribute to the solution of water problems, sanitation, hygiene, water pollution and/or water scarcity in Latin America and the Caribbean.
2 of these youth teams will be chosen through the e-Hackathon in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Informal Settlements, to be held in March 2022. YWS will elect the remaining 8 through this public call.
The Young Water Fellowship program offers a year of support that includes:
- Semi-face-to-face training in business applied to water and sanitation companies. The same will consist of 7 sessions online on Saturday morning (from March 26), and a week of presential bootcamp in September (place and dates to be defined), with the trip paid
- Coaching bi-monthly by our team;
- Opportunity to receive seed capital (up to € 5000) for MVP and pilot project.
If you have queries, read the Frequently Asked Questions section. If your question is not answered there, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The main requirements for applying include:
- Having between 18 and 30 years at the time of application
- Being a citizen and resident of a Latin American and Caribbean country
- Being a founder/a co-founder of the business idea, and having time to develop it
- Present a business idea that solves a water, sanitation and/or hygiene problem and is in its infancy, ready to be tested
- Be able to understand and express yourself in Spanish
- Having a team of work to develop the idea
- To be able to participate in the 7 virtual sessions on Saturday morning from March to August, and from the In-person training in a Latin American country to define
Please read the following documents before you begin your application to the program.