|Application deadline||Sep 15|
|Program dates||Oct 18 - Nov 18, 2020|
|Organizer||Yo Emprendedor Other|
|Targets||Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer durables, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Automotive, Clothing and textiles production, Computer hardware, Electronics, Food production, Furniture
What is the Business Competition of I Entrepreneur?
It’s the region’s largest entrepreneurship competition and the best validation experience for business ideas and projects. It is a formative process, with 3 training stages and 1 mentoring program.
It is the only Central American competition for entrepreneurs, which convenes +500 projects on an annual and permanent basis, where its methodology is based on challenges for commercial, financial and human capital issues.
This year, we will have the following categories:
- Gestation (early stage ventures),
- Growth (for growth companies)
- Financial Innovation
- Circular Economy
- Entrepreneur Woman
- Young Entrepreneur
- Rodolfo Jiménez Borbon to Entrepreneurship
- Rural Entrepreneur
- Award for Best Elevator Pitch
The awards for this edition consist of corporate advisory packages from Mesoamerica, Ernst & Young, BLP, FIFCO, Parquetec and the ICF.
In turn, special prizes for the Women’s Entrepreneur (a mentorship program with Vital Voices Costa Rica).
In addition, a scholarship to the INCAE Business School for the winner of the Rodolfo Jiménez Borbón Award (given to the person with the greatest entrepreneurial attitude).
There is only one: that the project will have LESS than 8 years of billing.
That is, you can participate entrepreneurs with projects that are not yet in operation
In-person and virtual training in specialized tools for entrepreneurs in sales, finance, human capital, business wheels, contact networks, expert mentorship, awards and media coverage.
This year, we are further virtualizing processes, so we will have top-notch experts in the training stages (raised from the beginning of this form), but accompanying entrepreneurs with live modules.
- The most important step is to fill out the registration form on the F6S platform with the basic information of the idea or project.
- The cost of registration is US$ 25 or CRC$ 14 500 and can be cancelled after completing the form.
- The investment includes access to all training, monitoring and accompanying modules in the process and the face-to-face invitation to contact events with investors, judges, partners, and assessment and personalized feedback stages.
- 1. Sign-up opening: June 22, 2020
- Enrollments Completion: 01 September, 2020
- 2.1 Extended Period of Enrollments: September 15, 2020
- Induction and Welcome Message: September 19, 2020 (Virtual)
- Elevator Pitch: 03 October, 2020 (Presential, Audience Controlled by Presentation Dating)
- Announcement of semifinalists: October 07, 2020 (Virtual)
- Session No. 1-Commercial: October 10, 2020 (Virtual)
- Session No. 2-Financial: October 17, 2020 (Virtual)
- Session No. 3-Human Capital: October 24, 2020 + Business Wheel (Presential, with physical distancing, Open space, in two moments to control the number of people, applying all health protocols, 40% possibility of it being virtual)
- Announcement of Finalists: October 27, 2020 (Virtual)
- Mentoring Program: October 28 to November 14 (Virtual)
- Final Assessments: November 14, 2020 (Presential, Audience Controlled by Presentation Dating)
- Awards: November 18, 2020 (Presential, physical distancing, finalists only)