Sustainable development goals
8. Decent Work and Economic GrowthPromote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all. Sustainable economic growth will require societies to create the conditions that allow people to have quality jobs.
- 8.1Sustain per capita economic growth in accordance with national circumstances and, in particular, at least 7 per cent gross domestic product growth per annum in the least developed countries
- 8.2Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labour-intensive sectors
- 8.5By 2030, achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all women and men, including for young people and persons with disabilities, and equal pay for work of equal value
- 8.6By 2020, substantially reduce the proportion of youth not in employment, education or training
- 8.9By 2030, devise and implement policies to promote sustainable tourism that creates jobs and promotes local culture and products
- 8.bBy 2020, develop and operationalize a global strategy for youth employment and implement the Global Jobs Pact of the International Labour Organization
9. Industry, Innovation and InfrastructureBuild resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation. Investments in infrastructure are crucial to achieving sustainable development.
- 9.1Develop quality, reliable, sustainable and resilient infrastructure, including regional and transborder infrastructure, to support economic development and human well-being, with a focus on affordable and equitable access for all
- 9.2Promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and, by 2030, significantly raise industry’s share of employment and gross domestic product, in line with national circumstances, and double its share in least developed countries
- 9.5Enhance scientific research, upgrade the technological capabilities of industrial sectors in all countries, in particular developing countries, including, by 2030, encouraging innovation and substantially increasing the number of research and development workers per 1 million people and public and private research and development spending
- 9.bSupport domestic technology development, research and innovation in developing countries, including by ensuring a conducive policy environment for, inter alia, industrial diversification and value addition to commodities
- 9.cSignificantly increase access to information and communications technology and strive to provide universal and affordable access to the Internet in least developed countries by 2020
11. Sustainable Cities and CommunitiesMake cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable. There needs to be a future in which cities provide opportunities for all, with access to basic services, energy, housing, transportation and more.
- 11.2By 2030, provide access to safe, affordable, accessible and sustainable transport systems for all, improving road safety, notably by expanding public transport, with special attention to the needs of those in vulnerable situations, women, children, persons with disabilities and older persons