Do you know that:
* Carbon footprint of banana/plantain in Cameroon is 4,000,000 tons each year.
* Increase of Carbon quantity in atmosphere reduces nutritional quality of many cultures in the world? (We observe Zinc, iron, and protein deficiencies)
How can a country like Cameroon each year:
* contribute to death of 7 million people worldwide because of pollution?
* produce 19 millions tons of carbons due to
1- plastics waste
2- banana stems abandoned in the field during banana production?
* be among the best African-Caribbean-Pacific’s largest banana producer and yet can’t efficiently use their waste to replace wood, reducing deforestation?
Our goal is to solve those problems by transforming banana/ plantain stems into biodegradable packaging(Shopping bags, cardboard and rolls of paper like this one).
By doing this, we empower rural women, create wealth, and be a source of inspiration for young who give up and no longer believes in their potential to be the change they