GoMarkit (app) platform and delivery services will target thousands of small and medium size vendors and grocery shopper in Freetown urban markets to solves the major flaw in freetown food distribution with an Innovative retail and supply system which will help:
> Consumer/grocery shopper to get access to affordable, healthy and nutritious food and by a simple click can buy a wide variety of high quality local/organic fruit and vegetables, meat, eggs and dairy products dedicated to delivering direct to their doorsteps, on a same-day basis and at very affordable prices, any day of the week.
> small retailer, vendor and market stall who sell a Fresh farm products to get an access to an reliable source of supplier with an inventory of fresh fruits and vegetables coming directly from local and regional farmers which can be directly deliver to them after generating an order at a lower cost.
> farmer and local producer by a simple registration process to get access to a permanent market platform with the ability to help them minimize post-harvest losses, High food damage and losses, especially for fresh foods.
Sustainable development goals
2. Zero HungerEnd hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture. The food and agriculture sector offers key solutions for development, and is central for hunger and poverty eradication.
- 2.1By 2030, end hunger and ensure access by all people, in particular the poor and people in vulnerable situations, including infants, to safe, nutritious and sufficient food all year round
- 2.2By 2030, end all forms of malnutrition, including achieving, by 2025, the internationally agreed targets on stunting and wasting in children under 5 years of age, and address the nutritional needs of adolescent girls, pregnant and lactating women and older persons
- 2.3By 2030, double the agricultural productivity and incomes of small-scale food producers, in particular women, indigenous peoples, family farmers, pastoralists and fishers, including through secure and equal access to land, other productive resources and inputs, knowledge, financial services, markets and opportunities for value addition and non-farm employment
- 2.4By 2030, ensure sustainable food production systems and implement resilient agricultural practices that increase productivity and production, that help maintain ecosystems, that strengthen capacity for adaptation to climate change, extreme weather, drought, flooding and other disasters and that progressively improve land and soil quality
- 2.5By 2020, maintain the genetic diversity of seeds, cultivated plants and farmed and domesticated animals and their related wild species, including through soundly managed and diversified seed and plant banks at the national, regional and international levels, and promote access to and fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising from the utilization of genetic resources and associated traditional knowledge, as internationally agreed
- 2.aIncrease investment, including through enhanced international cooperation, in rural infrastructure, agricultural research and extension services, technology development and plant and livestock gene banks in order to enhance agricultural productive capacity in developing countries, in particular least developed countries
- 2.bCorrect and prevent trade restrictions and distortions in world agricultural markets, including through the parallel elimination of all forms of agricultural export subsidies and all export measures with equivalent effect, in accordance with the mandate of the Doha Development Round
- 2.cAdopt measures to ensure the proper functioning of food commodity markets and their derivatives and facilitate timely access to market information, including on food reserves, in order to help limit extreme food price volatility
9. Industry, Innovation and InfrastructureBuild resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation. Investments in infrastructure are crucial to achieving sustainable development.
- 9.1Develop quality, reliable, sustainable and resilient infrastructure, including regional and transborder infrastructure, to support economic development and human well-being, with a focus on affordable and equitable access for all
- 9.bSupport domestic technology development, research and innovation in developing countries, including by ensuring a conducive policy environment for, inter alia, industrial diversification and value addition to commodities