AgriLab is focused on enabling AgriTech Entrepreneurs to succeed.
AgriLab aims to enable young Nigerians to turn their startup ideas into full-fledged business models ready for investment.
AgriLab focuses on the agritech sector, an area where Ireland is a world leader and in which Nigeria needs to develop in order to diversify its economy and meet the demands of a fast-growing population.
The program is a partnership between Embassy of Ireland, Nigeria and Ventures Platform, an Abuja based technology hub that incubates and supports start-ups through its curated office space, investment fund, and Not-for-Profit arm.
Why you should apply to AgriLab
- 3-Day Ideation Workshop and Bootcamp – Selected startups get to learn the requisite knowledge needed to be accepted into the Incubation Program.
- Incubation – Participants will be exposed to workshops, mentorship and office spaces.
- Seed Capital – Participants get to receive $2,000 in seed capital.
- A Trip to Ireland – The winning team will receive an all-expense-paid trip to Ireland to meet and network with potential business partners and state agencies.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- You are a Nigerian with a business idea in the agritech space that clearly identifies the problem it solves.
- You have a sustainable and scalable business model.
- You are resident in Nigeria
- You are between the ages of 18 – 35
- You are available to participate in the entire program if selected
- You are able to travel to Ireland for a business visit as part of this program
- You have a valid International Passport for the duration of the trip.
- Team Capabilities
- Agribusiness is Tech-enabled
- A completed application form
- Call for Applications: 18th November 2019 – 18th December 2019
- Selection: 10th December 2019 – 12th December 2019
- Opening Event: 27th January 2020
- 3 Day Ideation Workshop: 28th January 2020 – 30th January 2020
- 3 Month Incubation Program: 10th February 2020 – 10th April 2020
- Visit to Ireland: July, 2020
December 18, 2019
|Organizer||Ventures Platform Foundation|