What is the best investment ways that can suit our business and can de-risk the investment for the investors? What is the action required from our side to close this investment rou…
|Application deadline||Jul 31|
|Program dates||Sep 8 - 9:00 - Dec 15, 2019 - 23:30|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer durables, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Automotive, Clothing and textiles production, Computer hardware, Electronics, Food production, Furniture
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of starting entrepreneurs and their journey?
Are you an established business professional, entrepreneur, or investor with some time on your hands?
Do you want to be part of the exciting startup ecosystem?
Then, consider becoming a mentor in the VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Program in Egypt.
Through mentoring, business angels offer more than just money. ‘Mentor-driven capital’ is the approach to creating value for startups by sharing the knowledge, experience and network you’ve built during your career, while also maximizing the return on your investments.
Take advantage of the first dedicated training program designed for African business professionals keen to guide Africa’s up and coming entrepreneurs to success. Angel investing is of course about providing early-stage companies with investment capital, but the expertise and network that you, as a business angel, can share with entrepreneurs is also vital to their growth and success. The goal of this program is to therefore boost your ability as a high-powered mentor to support entrepreneurs while learning to think and act like a savvy business angel.
In this unique mentor program for aspiring business angels, you will guide promising entrepreneurs to success while you achieve your own level of success. You will receive expert guidance, training and hands-on support. The only thing you need to invest during the program is your valuable time, knowledge and network!
Learn how to engage founders, the rules for mentorship, and how to maximize your impact as a business angel. Share with industry experts, tap industry-leading knowledge, and engage your peers in this hands-on learning journey.
What we offer
Participate in 2 full-day Mentor-Driven Capital Bootcamps, covering topics including:
- Introduction to Mentor Driven Capital
- What makes a good business angel?
- Partnering with Corporates
- Structuring the Corporate Deal
- Starting as an Angel Investor
- Valuations and Term Sheets
- Mentor a promising startup
- Access to peer group mentor sessions
- Access to mentorship guide and online training materials
- Access to resident experts on corporate matchmaking & investment readiness
- Access to promising startup companies looking for angel investment
- Profile on VC4A website
- VC4A Pro Account (3 months) + access to VC4A Mentorship Marketplace
- Complimentary access to the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit 2019
What we kindly request from you
- You are based in Egypt
- Senior business professional with multiple years of experience
- Corporate, financial or entrepreneurial background
- Interested in the startup ecosystem and keen to support startup companies
- Potentially already active as angel investor, and want to improve mentor skills
- Potentially already active as mentor, and want to become an angel investor
- Willing and able to join the two full-day mentor camps in Q3 and Q4 2019, exact dates TBA
Application deadline August 10
Submit a complete application by August 10th 2019 if you are interested in this program. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Contact Thomas van Halen at thomas [at] vc4a [dot] com if you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail.
Make a tangible contribution to promising startups and become a business angel today!
About Work In Progress! Alliance
This program is part of the “Work In Progress!” project. The goal of “Work in Progress!” is to improve the economic prospects of young men and women in Egypt, Nigeria and Somalia, create jobs and stimulate entrepreneurship by improving the skills of young people, strengthening small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and creating an enabling environment. Work in Progress! Alliance partners include Oxfam, IOM, VC4Africa and Butterfly Works.
- Reliable Network for Medical Supplies
- Make the whole learning and collaborating experience engaging and fun
- We make wood without cutting a single tree
- Improve and develop solid waste collecting and recycling.
- Your Gate to Emerging Markets
- Impacting lives through Plastic Recycling
- We make products run with renewable energy.
We need advise to how to overcome this problem and find alternatives
We need mentor guide us in: _ building team strategy. _reviewing our business plan. _designing a right logo. _designing products to fit the market's need. _learns us how to close d…
We would like to work on how to scale up in different regions without paying loads of money, understanding what's needed to scale up, who should we hire? Moreover, understanding wh…
What we need: 1- Mentorship from an expert with strong knowledge in the hardware distribution who can guide us to build a rigid and scale-able distribution model fits our commercia…
1- Assigning Operations consultants to unveil the blind spots in our designed process 2- Assigning tech-savvy to support us in piloting the technology solutions 3- Funding support …
-Strategy to build a better team -Strategy and tools to manage supply chain value stream mapping -Strategy and network connections related to increasing rate of revenue making thro…
We are looking for an expert/s in the B2B e-commerce domain (in the medical domain is a bonus). Who has a practical background on customer acquisition, loyalty programs, and growth…
1- We need Technical Support in AR & AI Technology that accelerate Development of our Product 2- We need Fund for our Product to reach the product market fit