Do you want to make a difference in the lives of starting entrepreneurs and their journey?
Are you an established business professional, entrepreneur, or investor with some time on your hands?
Do you want to be part of the exciting startup ecosystem?
Then, consider becoming a mentor in the VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Program in Gaborone.
Through mentoring, business angels offer more than just money. ‘Mentor-driven capital’ is the approach to creating value for startups by sharing the knowledge, experience and network you’ve built during your career, while also maximizing the return on your investments.
Take advantage of the first dedicated training program designed for African business professionals keen to guide Africa’s up and coming entrepreneurs to success. Angel investing is of course about providing early-stage companies with investment capital, but the expertise and network that you, as a business angel, can share with entrepreneurs is also vital to their growth and success. The goal of this program is to therefore boost your ability as a high-powered mentor to support entrepreneurs while learning to think and act like a savvy business angel.
In this unique mentor program for aspiring business angels, you will guide promising entrepreneurs to success while you achieve your own level of success. You will receive expert guidance, training and hands-on support. The only thing you need to invest during the program is your valuable time, knowledge and network!
Learn how to engage founders, the rules for mentorship, and how to maximize your impact as a business angel. Share with industry experts, tap industry-leading knowledge, and engage your peers in this hands-on learning journey.
What we offer
Participate in 2 Mentor-Driven Capital Bootcamps, covering topics including:
- Introduction to Mentor Driven Capital
- What makes a good business angel?
- Partnering with Corporates
- Structuring the Corporate Deal
- Starting as an Angel Investor
- Valuations and Term Sheets
- Mentor a promising startup
- Access to peer group mentor sessions
- Access to mentorship guide and online training materials
- Access to resident experts on corporate matchmaking & investment readiness
- Access to promising startup companies looking for angel investment
- Profile on VC4A website
- VC4A Pro Account (3 months) + access to VC4A Mentorship Marketplace
- Complimentary access to theAfrica Early Stage Investor Summit 2020
What we kindly request from you
- You are based in or close to Gaborone
- Senior business professional with multiple years of experience
- Corporate, financial or entrepreneurial background
- Interested in the startup ecosystem and keen to support startup companies
- Can spend 4 hours a month mentoring a startup entrepreneur
- Potentially already active as angel investor, and want to improve mentor skills
- Potentially already active as mentor, and want to become an angel investor
- Willing and able to join the two full-day mentor camps in February and May 2020
Application deadline January 5th 2020
Submit a complete application by January 5th 2020 if you are interested in this program. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Contact Melissa Ruggles at melissa [at] vc4a [dot] com if you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail.
Make a tangible contribution to promising startups and become a business angel today!
Supported by SAIS
SAIS 2 is a regional initiative that supports the growth of new businesses through strengthening innovation ecosystems and promotion of cross-border collaboration between innovation role-players in Southern Africa. More information
|Application deadline||January 5, 2020|
|Program dates||February 13 - 9:00 - May 31, 2020 - 23:30|
|Location||Botswana Innovation Hub, Gaborone, South-East District, Botswana|
|Sectors||Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Cars, Household appliances, Luxury goods and jewelry|