OPPORTUNITY FOR WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS IN DIGITAL AND E-COMMERCE IN FRANCOPHONE AFRICA
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) launched the eTrade for Women initiative in 2019, with support from the Government of the Netherlands. eTrade for Women aims to make women digital entrepreneurs a vector of wealth creation in developing countries.
The digital economy offers women the opportunity to become agents of change and sources of prosperity in their community and society.
In collaboration with Ms. Patricia Zoundi Yao, eTrade for Women ambassador for French-speaking Africa, UNCTAD is organizing the first African eTrade for Women Masterclass, with the aim of inspiring and strengthening the capacities of women digital entrepreneurs in the region. This Masterclass is scheduled from February 26 to 28, 2020 and will help facilitate the participation of women digital entrepreneurs in decision-making bodies for a more inclusive digital economy.
This training program targets women digital entrepreneurs in French-speaking Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Central African Republic, Republic of Congo, Senegal, Chad and Togo), and aims to empower these women to thrive in a constantly evolving digital economy.
The objectives of this Masterclass are:
- Strengthening the skills of women digital entrepreneurs.
- Learning the main drivers of influence on policies for a more inclusive digital economy.
- Connecting participants with potential pairs and partners to promote the creation of a regional entrepreneurial dynamic.
The program will be structured around:
- Practical sessions aimed at the challenges encountered by these women in the exercise of their activities
- Exchange and feedback sessions with other entrepreneurs in the sub-region
- Dialogue with political decision-makers on the main challenges (including gender) related to digital entrepreneurship
To participate in this event, open to around thirty candidates from the region, apply before January 20, 2020. The short application form (max. 15 minutes) has to be sent it to Candace Nkoth Bisseck via the address Ict4d@unctad.org with the subject line: “Masterclass Abidjan 2020”.
Watch this video with impressions of previous masterclasses:
|Organizer||United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)|
Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Gabon, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Togo
|Sectors||ICT, Import and export, Logistics, Retail, Retail and wholesale, Transport and logistics|