Are you a startup owner? Do you want to attract new investors? You need funding to grow your project?
We offer you an experience for training and preparing you to pitch before a jury in our event. The jury will be composed of one or more investment funds that are engaged in African entrepreneurial dynamics.
The selected startups will also have the opportunity to meet investors, multinational executives, financial institutions, experts, incubators, government officials, policymakers from the African continent and internationally.
Meet people from a wide range of sectors and connect with other talented startups from Africa and other continents. In particular, several European startups from the African diaspora.
Afric’Up Pitch’s goal is to liberate the African entrepreneurial potential while highlighting the best and most innovative entrepreneurs and startups in Africa but also creating markets for those in seed phases.
This year, Afric’Up Pitch will reward the best African startup while giving great importance and visibility to female startups.
Participation in the Competition is open and free to all startups of African and Tunisian nationalities.
Join the Afric’Up Startup Pitch network and speak out in this important Challenge.
Conditions of Submission to Afric’up Pitch
- Open to all startups with African nationalities: Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Libya, Egypt, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Mali, Guinea, Nigeria, Mauritania, Benin, Congo, Togo, Rwanda, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, Nigeria, Djibouti, Ethiopia…
- The legal existence must be proven with the supporting documents: trade register and tax registration number.
- Acceptance will be by filling out the online form
- The main sectors of focus: E-health, M-payment, Agritech, Ed-Tech, IA, Fintech, smart cities, Creative industry, Renewable energy, Tech-textile, E-commerce e-platform, Travel and tourism…
- Opening date for registration in the competition: July 25, 2019 – Last deadline for registration: August 29, 2019 at midnight.
- Mandatory signature and agreement of the authorization to use the personal data for any purpose related to the event, the document to be signed will be provided by the organizer of the competition
- Mandatory reading and accepting the online rules of the competition
NB: Regulations and authorization to use personal data will be provided by the organizer, available and downloadable from the website: www.africup.tn
Advantages to be granted to the pre-selected candidates :
- Participation at Afric’Up Pitch Challenge, Sept 23th and 24th 2019
- Online coaching and training via Conference Call by Mix Learning
- Startup pitch pass is offered
- Access to Afric’Up Connect Tools: B2B Matching solution
- Access to Exhibition Spaces outside and inside the hotel (Tent, Lobby, Mezzanine)
- Access to Afric’Up Startup stage: connecting startup and investors
- Meals and beverages offered by the sponsor for on September 22nd-23h of 2019
- 1 Coffee break, 1 lunch pack per day during the days of the event on September 24th-25th of 2019
- Access to Afric’Up Beach party, on Sep 26th, 2019 at Coco Beach Ghar Elmelh, Bizerte from 8:00 am to 17:00 pm (Transfer will be included)
- Access to Afric’up Awards ‘Diner Gala’ dedicated for the Award ceremony, Sep 24th, 2019 from 20:00 pm to 22:30 pm (Carthage Chathedral, Tunisia)
For the registered and selected startups: Possibility to cover all expenses of the plane ticket, accommodation in LPD for 5 nights by the organizer + 1 PASS Startup offered (for African startups registered and selected, transfer will be included)
NB: We will only cover the expenses for one representative of the startup, all other accompagnant will be charged extra.
You must submit your application as soon as possible to benefit more from our online training. Thus, if you are pre-accepted, you will increase your chance to be selected for the final round competition in Tunis.
|Application deadline||August 29|
|Program dates||September 23 - September 26, 2019|
|Organizer||Tunis Place de Marché Event Organizer|
|Location||Rue Chabane El Bhouri, Laico Tunis|
|Sectors||Business services, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Manufacturing, Education, Financial services, ICT, Retail and wholesale, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Agribusiness, Agrichemicals, Animation, Arts, Biofuels, Biomass, Biotechnology and medical research, Cars, Clean technology, Clean technology and energy, Creative, media and entertainment, Crop farming, Environmental services, Farm machinery, Fashion, Film production, Fish farming, Graphic design, Green transportation and electric motors, Healthcare, Healthcare providers and services, Household appliances, Hydropower, Leisure and travel, Luxury goods and jewelry, Media production, Medical equipment and supplies, Pharmaceuticals, Photography, Renewable energy, Solar power, Sports and wellness, Tourism, Video production, Waste management and recycling, Wind power|