Tropics Business Summit : Call For Proposals ExtendedThe TROPICS BUSINESS SUMMIT will be extending the Call for Proposals...
|Application deadline||Apr 5|
|Program dates||Mar 1 - Apr 5, 2018|
|Organizer||Tropics International Inc. Tropics Magazine Investment Fund|
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, United Republic of, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Agribusiness, Agrichemicals, Animal farming, Banking, Blockchain, Business services, Clean technology, Clean technology and energy, Clothing and textiles, Clothing and textiles production, Consulting and business development, Diversified services, Enterprise software, Farm machinery, Fish farming, Green transportation and electric motors, HR and recruitment, Hydropower, Import and export, Legal services, Luxury goods and jewelry, Marketing and PR, Packaging, Post and express, Renewable energy, Sexual and reproductive health and rights, Solar power, Waste management and recycling, Wind power
The TROPICS BUSINESS SUMMIT will be extending the Call for Proposals through the 5th of April 2018 to give applicants more time to get their wonderful projects to the judging panel! Calling for Speakers and Moderators to join the 2nd edition of the Summit in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Proposals from startups and companies can be received up until 5th April 2018 and this year the call has requested that the proposals focus particularly on solutions involving the Tourism/Lifestyle , Fashion/Beauty , Agribusiness/Packaging , Technology/ICT/Digital Media , FMCG – Fast Moving Consumer Goods and Fintech , as they will have more likelihood of meeting market demands and, consequently, of attracting greater investment by third parties, as well as being in line with Africa and the Caribbean regions’ plans for effectively diversifying their economies in the next few years.
Another desirable, but not essential, factor is for the solutions to have begun their commercial validation process.Selected companies will receive financial investment in the form of seed capital and accelerationservices including connectivity services, guidance and direct support from the PAN Diaspora Capital Management team, mentoring on key issues for business growth (such as advice on strategy, sales, marketing and communication) by TROPICS HOLDING LTD. , ALIZELAVIE Corporation and other selected Partners, training in entrepreneurship tools and business management, access to the TROPICS BUSINESS NETWORK of contacts and experience not only in the city where their venture is based but also from across the world where the initiative and opportunities are present, and exposure in the media and vis-à-vis potential investors.Requirements for participation include: having a product/service already launched which is validated by the market (active users); having a scalable business model with global projection; boasting a multidisciplinary task force, with experience in the company’s sector; and being committed to the acceleration process.
To apply for this call of proposals, please click here : Application Form 2018 TROPICS BUSINESS SUMMIT (16 – 20 Oct. 2018)
Funding Available: The TROPICS BUSINESS SUMMIT Acceleration Program 2018 will choose and fund a small number of projects that will run over a 9 – 36 month period, starting in approximately May 2018. The whole funding process will be managed by PAN Diaspora Capital Management in New York City on behalf of the Summit and its Partners.Selected applicants can receive up to a maximum of US $ 10,000,000 from the American investors to support eligible project costs.
Program Benefits: Eligible applicants will be able to realize the following benefits from participating in the AccelerationProgram:
1. An opportunity to exhibit the company’s products, services and processes during the Pre-Summit in New York in May 2018 and also during the 2nd annual TROPICS BUSINESS SUMMIT in Johannesburg, South Africa in October 2018. The Acceleration Program is a unique opportunity to get access to a multicultural population of diverse end-users or diverse community of consumers attending both events.
2. An opportunity to generate evidence of the effectiveness of the company’s product/service which will help differentiate the product/service in the global marketplace.
3. An opportunity to establish a working relationship with a leading American private equity institution which adds credibility and referenceability for the company and its product or service.
4. An opportunity to work and develop a relationship with African and Caribbean leaders in your sector whose advice and guidance could further improve the product/service making it more valuable in the marketplace.
5. Support Afro-Caribbean innovators in building synergies and helping them diversify their respective economies by generating sustainable employment opportunities across Africa and the Caribbean region.
Program announcement : February 1st, 2018.
Submissions deadline extended : April 5th, 2018 (by 12:00 AM EST).
Notification to selected applicants and invitation to pitch : April 15th, 2018.
Agreements signature in during at the Summit : October 16th – 20th, 2018.
Projects official start date : November 2nd, 2018.
For more information please contact our managing team: