We are looking for the next generation of African Tech Startups disrupting major industry sectors!
These include AgriTech & Supply Chain, FinTech, IoT & Connectivity, Machine Learning (Data Analytics), Cybersecurity, Clean Tech and RegTech.
We scout, skill, and scale early-stage startups through intensive coaching and opportunities for pilots and Proof of Concept projects that subsequently open the doors for longer-term commercial agreements.
This cohort’s incredible partners include:
- Dutch Entrepreneurial Development Bank (FMO), a leading impact investor that supports sustainable private sector growth in developing countries and emerging markets by investing in ambitious projects and entrepreneurs.
- Government of Senegal, through DER/FJ, a youth and women empowerment structure set up by the President of the Republic of Senegal. With the help of DER/FJ startups will gain public-sector knowledge and support which presents an opportunity to further scale their impact.
- Telecel Group, contributing in a meaningful way to the African community to help the young Startups in Africa whose innovative ideas are creating a difference in their communities.
- Enrich in Africa (EiA), funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme, addresses the needs for capacity development of incubators, accelerators, and entrepreneurs in both Europe and Africa.
EiA has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement 101004709.
*5/10 startups chosen for the program will be fully funded and backed by the EiA Project. These startups will receive additional benefits such as access to Euroquity community, networking events, follow-up support etc. Find out more about ENRICH in Africa on their website.
All 10 startups receive €15,000 in cash together with more than €500,000 in credits and exclusive partner deals from leading technology providers such as AWS, Google, Miro, Hubspot and more.
Over the last 5 years, 50 African startups have completed the SBC AfriTech Accelerator.
- 90% of the alumni are still operating and scaling, and collectively, SBC portfolio companies have raised more than $150 Million in follow-on funding. This track record makes SBC one of the most successful early-stage programs on the continent and for investors, the fund has performed among the top 5% of Silicon Valley VC funds!
*Please note this program is done in English and you’ll be expected to pitch in English as well
Good luck to all applicants!
We look forward to an inspiring cohort 3!