About The Competition
The mission of this pitch competition is to identify, spotlight, connect, reward and to adequately give every other support to the featured scalable startups whose solutions have the potential of reshaping Africa.
At Startup Kai, we aim to give immense contribution to creating the structural platform required for the economic development of Nigeria, and Africa at large. We believe the most efficient and effective means of achieving this goal is to identify, train, invest and connect scalable startups whose solutions are potentially iconic in achieving the same goal, giving them the leverage that ensures they ultimately become unicorns that are easily identified globally.
$5000 Awards and Prizes
The top 5 teams will receive a cash prize to help you bring your dreams to life! The best teams will have traction, a focus on helping others and a clear go-to-market strategy. If you’d like to learn more about how to achieve these goals check out our online courses: learn.startupkai.com. In addition to the prizes below, the fourth and fifth place teams will receive a $300 and $200 cash prize, respectively.
First Place $2000
The grand prize is $2000 plus an opportunity to pitch investors and gain access into the Startup Kai training program (estimated value ~$100).
Second Place $1500
The next team will receive $1500 in prize money and a scholarship into the Startup Kai training program (estimated value ~$100)
Third Place $1000
The third best team will receive $1000 plus a scholarship into the Startup Kai training and mentorship program (estimated value ~ $100).
- Application Deadline 11/28/2021 at 11:59pm.
- Applications screening and shortlisting 11/29 to 12/5/2021.
- Successful applicants are contacted by 12/6/2021.
- 5-days bootcamp from 12/13/2021 to 12/17/2021.
- Pitch Competition + Award ceremony – January 15th, 2022.
|Program dates||Dec 13 - Dec 17, 2021|
Agritech, Artificial intelligence, Big data, Blockchain, Cloud solutions, Computer software, Connectivity, E-commerce, E-learning, EdTech, HealthTech, ICT, Information technology, Internet, Internet of things (IoT), Machine learning, Mobile, Nanotech, New media, Online analytics, Online payment processing, Smart city solutions, Software as a Service, Telecom, UAVs (drones), Virtual reality
1. No Poverty, 2. Zero Hunger, 3. Good Health and Well-being, 7. Affordable and Clean Energy, 8. Decent Work and Economic Growth, 9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, 12. Responsible Consumption and Production, 17. Partnerships to achieve the Goal