One of the three winners of last year’s Nigerian She Leads Africa Accelerator – part of the Work in Progress! project – is Medsaf, a startup… read more
She Leads Africa Accelerator 2016Accelerator program for early stage, women led startups in Nigeria
|Application deadline||Jun 7|
|Program dates||Jul 11 - Oct 15, 2016|
|Organizer||She Leads AfricaFoundation / Non-profit|
Retail and wholesale, Agribusiness, Automotive, Banking, Clean technology, Computer hardware, Computer software, Construction, Creative, media and entertainment, Diversified services, E-commerce, Education, Electronics, Financial services, Food and beverage, Healthcare, Insurance, Internet, Leisure and travel, Manufacturing, Mobile, Real estate, Renewable energy, Telecom, Transport and logistics, Utilities, Waste management and recycling, Water, sanitation and hygiene
The SLA Accelerator is a 3-month program designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest female entrepreneurs. The winner of the programme will receive a N 2mn. This year the the programme will take place in three locations: Lagos, Abuja and Kaduna.
What do you get from the program?
- 3 months intensive training on business and operational skills
- Online and offline learning resources
- Exclusive access and mentorship from some of Nigeria’s leading business personalities
- Opportunity to pitch your business in front of local and international investors
- Features in local and international media
What’s the process?
- Put together a top notch application package, ace the semi-final interviews and get selected by the review committee.
- Spend 1 bootcamp week being trained by the SLA team and connecting with some of Nigeria’s most prominent business and operational experts.
- Attend bi-weekly meet ups with the other participants in your location.
- Complete bi-weekly online workshops.
- Join us in Lagos for Demo Day in October. Pitch your business to a room of local and international investors and media. Previous SLA entrepreneurs have been featured on Forbes and CNN and received brand endorsements after pitch day. In total they’ve gone on to raise $1 million, have been invested in by members of 500 startups and a lucky few even got to pitch to Aliko Dangote himself.
- The top entrepreneur will walk away with a N 2 million. The others receive 3 months of intensive support and access to a vast network of mentors and investors.
Are you eligible?
- Business with at least one woman aged 18-35 as a shareholder or owner
- Based in Abuja, Kaduna or Lagos
- Less than 3 years in operations
Submit your application! Applications open May 15, 2017 and close June 25, 2016 and we will not accept any late submissions. You must upload your pitch deck to your VC4A profile in order for your application to be complete.
Make sure you join the She Leads Africa community to gain access to our application tips, free downloadable guide on how to create a BOSS pitch deck and an invitation to a private webinar with our cofounders where you can ask your questions and hear directly from them on what they’re looking for.
About She Leads Africa:
- Quality medication is a fundamental human right
- Have you eaten?
- Fun in a cup
- Live Healthy. Live Happy
- Let us do your job
- Redesigning urban mobility using technology
- Africa's Largest On-Demand Delivery Network
- Agriculture + Technology + People = SUCCESS!!!
Applications close tomorrow May 31 at 11:59pm WAT so please make sure you submit your application on time.
Pls, how will I upload my pitch deck on my profile?
Please are attendees at the workshop to show evidence of registration? I registered but I am yet to receive an Email. Thanks
hello there.. right about the 3:09 point in the video (critical point where Osei is discussing the program requirements, the sound goes off. Can you please fix and reload?
She Leads Africa are aware of this issue and are trying to fix it. Apologies.
The main requirements are listed on our website as well. They are:
– Business with at least one woman as a shareholder between the ages of 18-35
– Business must have launched. Ideas only on paper will not be accepted
– Business must be based in Nigeria
– Business cannot have raised more than $50,000 in external funding
– Business should be less than 3 years old
Hello there, on registration for the SLA program, should one receive an email confirmation to inform if you’ve been registered for an event? still waiting for that confirmation email…