* West Africa Standard Time
The SLA Accelerator is a 3-month program designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest female entrepreneurs. The winner of the programme will receive a N 2mn. This year the the programme will take place in three locations: Lagos, Abuja and Kaduna.
What do you get from the program?
- 3 months intensive training on business and operational skills
- Online and offline learning resources
- Exclusive access and mentorship from some of Nigeria’s leading business personalities
- Opportunity to pitch your business in front of local and international investors
- Features in local and international media
What’s the process?
- Put together a top notch application package, ace the semi-final interviews and get selected by the review committee.
- Spend 1 bootcamp week being trained by the SLA team and connecting with some of Nigeria’s most prominent business and operational experts.
- Attend bi-weekly meet ups with the other participants in your location.
- Complete bi-weekly online workshops.
- Join us in Lagos for Demo Day in October. Pitch your business to a room of local and international investors and media. Previous SLA entrepreneurs have been featured on Forbes and CNN and received brand endorsements after pitch day. In total they’ve gone on to raise $1 million, have been invested in by members of 500 startups and a lucky few even got to pitch to Aliko Dangote himself.
- The top entrepreneur will walk away with a N 2 million. The others receive 3 months of intensive support and access to a vast network of mentors and investors.
Are you eligible?
- Business with at least one woman aged 18-35 as a shareholder or owner
- Based in Abuja, Kaduna or Lagos
- Less than 3 years in operations
Submit your application! Applications open May 15, 2017 and close June 25, 2016 and we will not accept any late submissions. You must upload your pitch deck to your VC4A profile in order for your application to be complete.
Make sure you join the She Leads Africa community to gain access to our application tips, free downloadable guide on how to create a BOSS pitch deck and an invitation to a private webinar with our cofounders where you can ask your questions and hear directly from them on what they’re looking for.
About She Leads Africa: