SensXAfrica 2017 Pitch CompetitionAn international platform for entrepreneurs to pitch their startup ideas
|Application deadline||Oct 24|
|Program dates||Nov 23 - Nov 24, 2017|
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Northern Africa
Agribusiness, Automotive, Banking, Clean technology, Construction, E-commerce, EdTech, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, HealthTech, Insurance, Leisure and travel, Renewable energy, Transport and logistics, Waste management and recycling, Water, sanitation and hygiene
SensXAfrica, a global conference which has the vision to be the hub of social entrepreneurs across Africa, igniting the change that will attract, pioneer and empower young and thriving social entrepreneurs by fostering valuable leadership and enterprising skills. The “Finance and Entrepreneurship in Modern Africa” Conference will take place this November 23rd – 24th, 2017 in Lusaka, Zambia.
Africa’s surging entrepreneurs and finance professionals need to bolster their business skills, networks, and investment opportunities by tapping into global capital markets and world-class centers of innovative excellence to more competitively launch, build and scale African businesses.
The SensXPitch gives young entrepreneurs the opportunity to present their ideas to an international jury of investors. In order to take part in the SensXPitch, startups must register for the SensXFellowship Program (free) on our website. The SensXFellowship provides entrepreneurs with the international network and attention they need to promote their ideas. Established companies in the industry pitches will have the opportunity to raise new capital.
1) How to Apply for the SensXPitch Competition?
- If applying through the VC4Africa Platform, please make sure to have an updated profile created for your startup. Afterwards, we will contact you with more details regarding the SensXFellowship and the opportunity to take part in the SensXPitch.
- If applying through our website, please complete the SensXFellowship registration form at https://www.sensxafrica.com/sensxfellowship-registration.
- Otherwise, please feel free to contact Daniel Martanda (Head of SensXFellowship) at email@example.com if you are interested in participating in the SensXPitch.
2) The Industry Pitches
We have identified six different sectors of Zambia’s economy which hold tremendous potential as growth markets and the power to increase the life quality of many. The SensXPitches will strategically target these areas by bringing together visionary entrepreneurs with strong international investors.
- Mining & Energy
- Infrastructure (includes Construction, Education, Transportation)
3) Why you should apply for the SensXFellowship
- Access to a network of selected entrepreneurs and investors to exchange knowledge, share experiences and create investment opportunities.
- First step to get in contact with international venture capitalists from Europe and Africa on the search for new investments.
- Opportunity to participate in the SensXAfrica Pitch Competition.
- SensXFollowers will benefit from the media coverage and exposure of being promoted on our website, in blog articles, newspaper articles and social media campaigns.
4) What is the Application Criteria?
- Startups must be based in Africa
- Must have a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Must fall under one or more of the following industry categories (FinTech, HealthTech, E-Commerce, Mining & Energy, Agriculture, Infrastructure)
5) What happens next?
You will be contacted shortly by one of the members of the SensXAfrica team regarding your application. They will also provide you with additional information regarding the SensXFellowship Program.