The UN Women Care Accelerator aims to identify and promote women-led and/or women impacting enterprises to build innovative solutions aiming to turn the unequal care burden put on women into opportunities that benefit women, families, and communities.
The program supports entrepreneurs who try to transform caregiving challenges into employment and business opportunities, provide products, services, or tech solutions that can make care more accessible and affordable, and improve the overall quality of care services on and offline.
Be part of the change
Become part of the regional community!
Join the network of outstanding entrepreneurs from across Asia-Pacific, committed to promoting women’s economic participation and advancing gender equality in the care industry.
Amplify the impact you are making!
Get support and learn more opportunities to boost your business and contribute to enabling a more inclusive, equal culture in the care industry.
All applications must comply with some of the following criteria.
- Women-led and/or women impacting enterprises in the Care Industry* in Asia Pacific;
- Aiming to boost women’s participation in the care economy;
- Providing products or services, including child and elderly care, with an aim to make care more accessible and affordable to all;
- Providing products or services that can improve the quality of care, including upskilling and certification;
- Offering innovative solutions to enable a more gender-inclusive culture in the care industry and promote the equal share of care responsibilities between men and women;
- Having a registered enterprise, minimum viable product (MVP), or already having first paying customers in the care industry;
*Health-Tech solutions will be taken into consideration only if they have a clear focus on care.
- Step 1: Launch of Open Call – 15 April 2021
- Step 2: Close of Applications – 30 April 2021
- Step 3: Announcement of Selected Candidates – 21 May 2021
- Step 4: Program Kick-off – 1 June 2021
- Acceleration: A 5-module acceleration program to implement and scale up your solution.
- Mentorship: 1:1 mentorship support on a weekly basis.
- Support: Follow-on support after the program ends.
- Network: Access to the program partner’s global network.
- Investment: Exposure to potential investors in the industry.
- Visibility: Increased visibility and web presence via various media and social media channels.
- Demo day: An online event where participants will have the opportunity to pitch and meet with investors, partners and experts of the care industry.
- Tech perks: Free credits to use tools provided by Seedstars partners.
|Program dates||Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2021|
|Organizer||Seedstars International Ventures|
Australia and New Zealand, Eastern Asia, Fiji, Kiribati, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, South-eastern Asia, Southern Asia, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu