|Application deadline||Jul 31|
|Organizer||Seedstars WorldCompetition Organizer|
Fiji, Kiribati, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Africa, Americas, Antarctica Region, Asia, Europe, Australia and New Zealand
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer durables, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Automotive, Clothing and textiles production, Computer hardware, Electronics, Food production, Furniture
“Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world” Alisee de Tonnac, Co-Founder & Seedstars CEO
How does it work?
Below are the steps for the Local Stage of the Online Seedstars World Competition 2020/21
- Apply to the nearest local competition in the ecosystem where your startup has operations.
- The Seedstars team will evaluate all applications using a purpose-built algorithm – the Investment Readiness
- Score – to evaluate the viability of your startup.
- All applicants will receive their score and selection results by the end of August 2020.
Online Seedstars Academy
- Startups that meet all of the selection criteria will receive access Online Seedstars Academy in August
- Accepted startups will have 2 months to utilize a series of webinars, training materials, and articles created by the Seedstars Investment Team and network of mentors.
- Network with startups in your local ecosystem and exchange experiences with your peers.
- Seedstars Analysts will review all applications and select the finalists from each ecosystem.
- Startup finalists from each local competition will be invited for a 1-1 interview with the Seedstars team to showcase their MVP, user traction, and the scalability of their business model.
- One local winner will be selected to advance to the Regional Stage of the competition
- Technology startups, tech-enabled startups and/or early-stage companies
- Presence of a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Initial traction with users
- Operations based in the country/city of application
- No previous investments larger than USD 1M
- Pitch and application submitted in English
- Obligatory attendance to the preparatory online activities of the competition
- Maintenance of an active and responsive communication
Take advantage of dedicated training based on your Investment Readiness Score to enhance all aspects of business growth and development.
Network & Visibility
Participate in networking activities & make your company known to a regional and global audience through competition communication channels.
Winners get Regional Stage access to: Investment Readiness training, a network of mentors & investors, tech perks and remain in the running to win $500,000 USD!