The highlight of the SA Innovation Summit that allows innovators, inventors, and unique creative thinkers to showcase their innovative talent. The Inventors Garage is an opportunity for entrepreneurs with a working prototype or product from a proven concept to pre-commercialisation to gain access to funding or incubation, market exposure, and business support.
Finalists are awarded an opportunity to exhibit their invention, prototype or design at the 2021 SA Innovation Summit in Cape Town.
The first round of evaluations will be done to review for VALIDITY and FEASIBILITY based on the information provided. The Top 10 inventors will be selected to participate in the Inventors Garage Demo Day at the upcoming Summit on 21 – 23 September. The judging panel will evaluate based on the following criteria:
ORIGINALITY – Is your invention one of a kind?
NEED – Is there a market for your invention?
POTENTIAL – Is there further growth potential?
PRACTICALITY – Does it really work?
CREATIVITY – What have you done differently along the innovation route?
SUBMIT YOUR INVENTION
A tribute to the spirit of innovation and the work of dedicated inventors whose pioneering inventions provide answers to some of the biggest challenges of our times.
Remember to upload the photos of your invention (5 MB maximum) and vie for cash prizes, media exposure and promotion, networking opportunities with enablers and sponsors, and more!
- The Inventors Garage Facebook competition runs on the Facebook platform alongside the actual competition as a build up to the Summit in September.
- Selected entries into the Inventors Garage will be automatically entered into the Facebook Competition.
- The winner is chosen based on the engagement (i.e. comments, likes, reactions and shares) an invention profiled on the SA Innovation Summit Facebook Page has generated.
- Once the Facebook Competition is launched on Facebook, each day 4 inventions will be profiled on Facebook. It is imperative that the inventor submits his/her Facebook handle on submission of entry so that the correct handle can be tagged when the invention is being profiled.
- The winner will walk away with R5000 in cash.
- This is strictly a Facebook Competition and does not imply that all the inventions profiled are automatically finalists in the main event taking place at #SAIS2021 in September.
- This competition will run from 21 July to 20 August 2021 and thereafter the results will be announced.
- The official announcement and prize handover will be made at the Summit in September, Cape Town.