StartUp SouthWest is a beneficiary of the Growth and Employment project (GEM – https://bigportal.org.ng). The project is focused on fostering a vibrant and sustainable technology ecosystem across the South West region of Nigeria (Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo, Lagos and Osun) of Nigeria. Startup SouthWest is one of 6 proposed similar regional hub projects being supported by GEM (one per geo-political zone). StartUp SouthWest will include pre-Incubation trainings programs and a Startup Incubation program.
The Incubation program takes a hands-on approach to help startups execute a working business model and grow a sustainable business. Our goal is to help the startups properly structure their business, ensure consistent growth and access funding to build a lasting global entity.
Startups that are accepted into the program will receive the following:
1. Office space for team members, high-speed internet, meeting rooms & more.
2. Hands-on support: Business strategy, financial management, recruitment, product development (advisory)
3. Access to experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts via mentorship.
4. Access to our network of corporate partners.
5. Access to investors for funding post-incubation.
6. Amazon Web Services (AWS), HubSpot credit and more products from partners.
To be eligible to attend the program, startups must meet the following criteria:
1. Have a revenue model and be generating revenue.
2. Have a functional product that leverages technology.
3. Have gained Users/customers.
4. Have a management team consisting of up to 3 members which include a technical lead and founder(s) that are fully committed to the business.
5. Have the potential to scale.
The incubation program is open to founders anywhere in the SouthWest region of Nigeria.