Ongoza is recruiting promising young entrepreneurs looking to scale their existing businesses. Our accelerator program pairs selected entrepreneurs with highly experienced Business Development Advisors and connect them to a range of expert services, training, links to customer opportunities, and a broader network of fellow entrepreneurs.
- Proof of existence for last six months
- Registered or in process of registration
- Average monthly turnover of 150,000 Ksh ($1,500) and up
- Rapid turnover business with the potential to scale in any sector
- No rain-fed agriculture with short-term land leases
- 35 years old or younger
- Full-time engagement in business
- Entrepreneurial: Clear vision and desire for growth (vision), demonstrated persistence in face of failure (grit), and belief that hard work leads to success (growth mindset)
- Clear commitment to sustainable business practices, social impact, or local leadership
The accelerator will begin with an 8-week course designed to provide the business expertise necessary for growth. Outstanding entrepreneurs will then be selected to progress to the second phase of the accelerator: 10 months of 1-on-1 business advisory support, access to low-cost debt financing, skills workshops, market linkages and networking opportunities with peers, investors, etc.
Accepted entrepreneurs will be asked to pay a heavily subsidized fee of 5.000 ksh at the beginning of each month.