FutureHack is designed to generate ideas (and prototypes) for the specified sector to drive Nigeria’s innovation and the digital economy.
FutureHack is an initiative of The Office for ICT Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OIIE), a Subsidiary of the National Information Technology Development Agency’s (NITDA).
It is a national technology hackathon event, in which computer programmers and others involved in software development, including graphic designers, interface designers, project managers, domain experts (and others) collaborate intensively on software projects.
This year, three regional events are held at an academic environment to inculcate innovation and entrepreneurship culture in students. The three editions of the FutureHack challenge will be held in the North-Central, North-West and South-West. Participation is not limited to citizens within the region.
FutureHack, NORTH-CENTRAL will focus on eHealth on the 1-2 July 2019
FutureHack, NORTH-WEST will focus on eAgriculture on the 8-9 July 2019
FutureHack, SOUTH-WEST will focus on eEducation on the 22-23 July 2019
STEP BY STEP
- Interested participants that meet the eligibility criteria below are expected to apply by clicking on the APPLY button.
- An executive summary clearly stating the area of interest/participation and your preconceived approach to tackling it must be attached (include images where applicable) before submitting the application.
- Individual and teams of a maximum of 3 can apply.
- At the deadline of the application, all applications will be reviewed and successful participants will be contacted.
- Successful candidates are expected to attend the 48 hours technology hackathon event.
- During the hackathon, participants will suggest ideas and form teams, based on individual interests and skills.
- Participants will have access to the Application Program Interface (API) and mentors.
- Teams are expected to come up with a team name and attempt to build a prototype software of their idea.
- Teams are to create a pitch deck for the demonstrations in which each group presents their results to a panel of judges that will select the winning teams, and prizes will be given.
- OIIE will monitor the progress of the best ideas generated from the hackathon.
Local Content Development
The local content development and promotion ideas would be developed into products and promoted for homegrown solutions.
- To create usable software or hardware with the goal of creating a functioning product by the end of the event.
- To leverage on young talented Nigerians to develop ideas/products aimed at solving problems facing the identified sectors in Nigeria.
- To teach and guide tech entrepreneurship on providing solutions to existing problems
To match tech entrepreneurs with the appropriate public institution right from idea generation.
- Participation from all backgrounds and genders are welcome.
- You can come from any part of Nigeria to participate.
- There is no age restriction to participate at the hackathon.
- Your team must be solving a problem in eHealth, eEducation, and eAgriculture sectors.
- Each team must submit their presentation idea in pitch deck format and have no code changes by the given deadline.
- All team members should be present at the event and come with their own personal computers.