|Application deadline||Jul 31|
|Organizer||New York Forum Institute Foundation / Non-profit|
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Northern Africa
Retail and wholesale, Agribusiness, Automotive, Banking, Clean technology, Computer hardware, Computer software, Construction, Creative, media and entertainment, Diversified services, E-commerce, EdTech, Education, Electronics, Financial services, Food and beverage, Healthcare, HealthTech, Insurance, Internet, Leisure and travel, Manufacturing, Mobile, Real estate, Renewable energy, Telecom, Transport and logistics, Utilities, Waste management and recycling, Water, sanitation and hygiene
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN. APPLY HERE before june 30th
4 laureates will share a 100 000 euros award & announce their presence as one of the Top 50 most innovative African start-ups!
In partnership with: Le Point Afrique & France 24
- You will be judged by an expert panel, with grants going to the top four laureates, with the winner getting 50 000 euros,
- The winning start-ups will be covered in Le Point Afrique,
- And will enter the Top 50 of the most innovative African start-ups, which will be promoted during the New York AFRICA 2015 and in Le Point Afrique.
- The start-up must be an independent company formed less than three years ago with a year of activity
- 100% of the capital is provided by African nationals
- The start-up’s activity is based in Africa
START-UPS WILL BE JUDGED BY A PANEL OF AFRICAN BUSINESS LEADERS IN FOUR AREAS:
- Development potential and scaleability
- Business viability
- Social impact
AFRICAN YOUNG BUSINESS AWARD DETAILS
100,000€ grant provided by the New York Forum Institute, founded by Richard Attias, to be allocated among the 4 laureates as follows:
• 1st prize: 50,000€
• 2nd prize: 30,000€
• 3rd prize: 10,000€
• 4th prize: 10,000€
The Top 50 of the most innovative African start-ups
The African Start-up laureates will gain unprecedented visibility towards the 1,500 participants expected at the New York Forum AFRICA 2015 in Libreville, joining economic and political stakeholders from Africa and the rest of the world and via Le Point.
• The 4 laureates will be invited to attend the New York Forum AFRICA, August 28-30 2015, with return flights and accommodation expenses covered.
• The laureates will be promoted in Le Point August 27, 2015 edition distributed during the NYFA and on Le Point Afrique website (founder photo and company profile).
• They will have the opportunity to join a special plenary session during the NYFA to share their entrepreneurial experience with young Africans and inspire them.
• The Top 50 companies will also be presented in Le Point August 27 2015 edition and will be invited to attend the NYFA 2015.
The laureates and the Top 50 will be presented during the next New York Forum AFRICA, under the High Patronage of H. E. Ali Bongo Ondimba, to be held in Libreville, Gabon on August 28-30 2015.
ABOUT THE AFRICAN START-UP AWARD
Africa has ideas and talent but African start-ups lack access to capital, especially in the first phase of development.
In 2014, the first Train My Generation Survey undertaken by the New York Forum AFRICA with the Train My Generation vocational training fund established by the New York Forum Institute in 2013, highlighted this point: 56% of the 5,000 young African respondents to a recent survey conducted by the New york Forum Africa in 2014, pointed to their difficulty in finding funding.
In this context, Richard Attias, founder of the New York Forum Institute, initiated the African Start-up Award in partnership with France 24 and Le Point Afrique, the on-line edition of Le Point dedicated to Africa that was launched in March 2014.
The Award will support talent and the most creative initiatives, particularly those with a social impact component.