|Application deadline||Sep 30|
|Program dates||Sep 21, 2020 - Aug 31, 2021|
|Organizer||MLab Southern Africa Accelerator|
Agribusiness, Agritech, Business services, Crop farming, EdTech, Farm machinery, Fish farming, Food and beverage, Food production, Healthcare, Healthcare providers and services, HealthTech
TWIGA is a bilateral initiative between the Republic of South Africa and the United Republic of Tanzania towards the promotion of collaboration and innovation between the start-up ecosystems and hubs in the two countries, particularly focusing on the Digital Health and Food Security sectors.
- Hold nationality and ID from South Africa or Tanzania
- Start-up representatives must be between 18 and 35 years old
- A minimum of two (2) members per start-up ( A good team compliment: we encourage individual applicants to apply however they must look into adding relevant skill compliments in their team.)
- Authorized to submit this/the application by the member
- A start-up must be a registered business located in South Africa or Tanzania
- A start-up must have a scalable business model
- Developing and finalizing a functional prototype or at least at a technology readiness level 4 or having a minimum viable product that can be tested.
- Exhibit growth potential and commercial viability
- The team shows commitment and ability and is capable to commercialise the product.