|Application deadline||May 10|
|Program dates||Aug 10, 2015 - Jun 15, 2016|
Agribusiness, Automotive, Banking, Clean technology, Computer hardware, Computer software, Consumer durables, Creative, media and entertainment, Diversified services, E-commerce, Education, Electronics, Financial services, Food and beverage, Healthcare, Import and export, Insurance, Internet, Leisure and travel, Manufacturing, Mobile, Real estate, Renewable energy, Retail, Specialty retail, Telecom, Transport and logistics, Utilities, Waste management and recycling
We’re excited to announce an important update to MEST’s award-winning software and business development training program for Ghanaians and Nigerians.
Beginning with our next class, MEST will go from a 2 year program, to a 1 year intensive program.
With this change, we hope that a broader number and variety of candidates from different backgrounds will now be able to quickly acquire the skills they launch technology companies.
Apply to MEST – Calling all Ghanaian & Nigerian Entrepreneurs
MEST is looking for the next wave of African technology entrepreneurs — could it be you, or do you know someone who qualifies? We are now accepting entrepreneur applications. Here’re the details.
What We Do
The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) offers a 12 month fully sponsored program focused that provides software and business development training to African entrepreneurs.
We have trained over 200 entrepreneurs and invested over $15m in supporting software startups that came directly out of MEST. These companies have developed solutions addressing global markets, created jobs, competed in top global technology events such as TechCrunch Disrupt, DEMO, and the Launch Festival, and have gained admittance to top accelerator programs such as HealthXL and 500 Startups.
What We Offer
- Intensive hands-on training in software development and entrepreneurship
- Free housing, monthly stipend, tuition, meals and a laptop
- Seed funding to launch your company, together with subsidized office space (comes with generator power and high-speed internet)
- Numerous workshops, talks, and other opportunities to network with domain experts
- Mentoring and access to executives at global software companies
- Significant personal and professional growth and exciting career potential
- Numerous chances to solve real life business problems with innovative solutions
- Passion to start a software company
- Involved in the tech space either as an entrepreneur, consulting or freelancing
- Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience is an added advantage
- Can commit a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the MEST training program starting August 2015
- Applicants from Nigeria must have completed their NYSC
How to Apply
Submit an online application form here: meltwater.org/school/admissions
For any admissions-related inquiry, please contact Amma Baffoe via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 10th May 2015
Application Screening / Selection Process
1. Aptitude Test (Venue: TBD)
2. Phone Interviews: mid-May
3. 1st Group Interview: late-May
4. 2nd Group Interview and one-on-one interviews: Early June
5. Successful candidates announced: Late June