Call for Application, MedUp Sub-granting Fund
MedUp! التقدم لطلب منحة ضمن مشروع
Do you have a good and promising entrepreneurial project that is sustainable and generates social impact in your community of reference? Are you in need of a financial and technical support to make your business growing and scaling-up? Is it part of your organization´s mission to share knowledge, enhance innovation, generate positive economic and social impact in your community or engage with people? If you want to make a difference for your community through your project, our MedUp! Fund is here to help you along the way there!
With our grants, we seek to support innovative and sustainable business projects addressing shared challenges in the community. Whether you are pursuing arts, working with vulnerable groups or focusing on innovative entrepreneurship, we want to support you in bringing positive change for our community.
What We Look for?
We seek organizations that are formally registered as companies, NGOs, cooperatives, associations that run social business projects that are sustainable and aimed to share knowledge, enhance innovation, make Impact, and engage people in the OPT and across the MENA region.
About the MedUp Fund:
The MedUp Fund is set-up within the EU-funded project MedUp! Promoting social entrepreneurship in the Mediterranean are” implemented in Palestine, Morocco, Tunisia, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt. The project has a duration of four years (March 2018 – February 2022) and it is led by Oxfam in partnership with three European partners (Diesis, Euclid Network and Impact Hub) and 5 Southern Mediterranean partners (PARC in Palestine, ENACTUS in Morocco, TCSE in Tunisia, JOHUD in Jordan and SEKEM in Egypt) Through the MedUp fund, we will provide grants ranging between 5.000 Euro and a 50.000 Euros. The exact amount will be defined based on your effective investments needs. In order to access the MedUP! Fund, you are requested to contribute with your own resources to fund your project. Indeed you are requested to provide the 35% of your total project budget.
Minimum eligibility criteria
1. Applicant should be registered (as company, small Enterprise, not for profit company, or any other legal entity form but with a business model / revenue streams).
2. The proposed business project is implemented in OPT and must be relevant to the business ecosystem in OPT.
3. The proposed project focuses on growing the already existed business.
4. The applicant is not in any way involved in activities such as arms, tobacco, alcohol and gambling
industries, registered in so-called tax-havens, or involved in; environmental or human rights abuses or corruption
5. The applicant is willing to contribute at least 35% into the financing of the proposed activity (out of which 10% minimum cash contribution and 25% as in-kind contribution). In-kind contribution by the company, can refer to cash-equivalent goods and services such as equipment or dedicated staff time needed for the project. The in-kind contribution must be specifically and directly related to the implementation of the project. The value of the in-kind contribution must be tangible and verifiable, based on specific supporting evidence such as contracts, invoices and others.
6. The proposed project has to be implemented within 12 months after the date of the first disbursement.
Eligible activities the eligible activities for applying to the MedUp Fund, could be not limited to the below:
1. Business support services to enhance management capacities
2. Investments (machines or equipment needed to scale-up
3. Business development costs (test and/or launch new products and projects, market study for scaling-up, etc.)
4. Visibility costs (brand design, promotional materials for the products and/or services)
5. Redesigning the production process to become more social or environmentally friendly
6. Implementing fair trade models in the supply chain Non-eligible Activities.
The applications will be cancelled without any prior notice if the Applicant of the MedUp fund applying to cover operating cost such as but not limited to the following:
1. Purchasing, rent or leasing of land or buildings/facilities; bank charges, cost of guarantees and similar charges
2. Costs of proposal development and feasibility study.
3. Value and registration costs of intellectual property rights.
The applications will close on 16/5/2019 at 16:00 PM OPT time.
يفضل تقديم الطلب باللغة الانجليزية ان امكن، لكن في حال التقدم للمنافسة باللغة العربية ، يرجى تحميل الملف من الرابط أدناه إكمال الطلب وارساله Huthayfa.assi@Pal-arc.org عبرالإيميل
|Application deadline||May 16|
|Program dates||April 1 - 9:00 AM - May 16, 2019 - 4:00 PM|
|Targets||Palestine, State of|
|Sectors||Agribusiness, Business services, Cars, Clean technology, Clean technology and energy, Construction and manufacturing, Consumer non-durables, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, Household appliances, ICT, Leisure and travel, Luxury goods and jewelry, Manufacturing, Retail and wholesale, Transport and logistics, Utilities, Water, sanitation and hygiene|