Calling all Egypt-based social entrepreneurs!
- Are you a social entrepreneur dedicated to creating an impact in Egypt?
- Have you been serving your community in an entrepreneurial and innovative way?
- Do you use the profits from your business to achieve social objectives?
- Are you trying to grow and scale-up your social enterprise?
If you answered YES to these questions, the MedUP! Project, co-funded by the European Union and implemented by Oxfam and Sekem Development Foundation in Egypt, is the opportunity for you!
ABOUT THE FUND (FINANCIAL ALLOCATION AND SIZE OF GRANT)
The MedUP! Allocated Fund has 130K Euros of grant funding available for a growth-related project of 11-15 social enterprises (SEs) in Egypt. Social enterprises can apply for funding in the range of 5,000 – 50,000 EUR to co-finance a growth-related project to be implemented in the next 12 months.
In addition to this grant, the project can provide you with the technical support you might need to strengthen your business and grow your social impact!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
If selected for this grant, you will receive:
- Direct funding to support your growth and a project of your choosing
- Technical support and capacity building relevant to your proposed project from Sekem Foundation for Development, and access to our network of support organizations, including StartEgypt/Flat6Labs, Ahead of the Curve, British University in Egypt, Nile University, Nahdet el Mahrousa, and others
- A chance to stand among our selected social entrepreneurs in six countries
- Membership in our regional network for social entrepreneurship across Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Palestine, and Jordan
The MedUP! project aims to promote social entrepreneurship in Egypt to drive inclusive growth and job creation. Specifically, we believe supporting social entrepreneurs is a great way to increase employment rates, maximize impact on a community level, create change on a policy and system level, and make a stronger overall ecosystem for social entrepreneurship.
With this fund, we aim to not only provide capacity building and technical support to the country’s best and brightest social enterprises but also to help these companies grow and scale through direct financing.
|Publication of Call for applications||April 1, 2019||10:00 Local Time (EET)|
|Information session(s)||To Be Decided||–|
|Deadline for submission of the Concept note (step 1)||May 5, 2019||16:00 Local Time (EET)|
|Application Support (Last date on which clarifications are issued by the Contracting Authority)||May 5, 2019||10:00 Local Time (EET)|
|Information to applicants on the evaluation of the concept notes (Step 1 results)||May 19, 2019*||17:00 Local Time (EET)|
|Deadline for submission of the full applications (Step 2)||June 19, 2019*||16:00 Local Time (EET)|
|Information Sessions||To Be Decided||–|
|Application Support (Last date on which clarifications are issued by the Contracting Authority) (Step 2)||June 19, 2019*||10:00 Local Time (EET)|
|Notification of award (after the eligibility check) (Step 3)||July 21, 2019,*||–|
|Negotiation terms, milestone and contracting||Sept 1, 2019*||–|
Provisional date:All times are in local time (EET)
This indicative timetable refers to provisional dates and may be updated by the Contracting Authority during the procedure
|Application deadline||May 5|
|Program dates||April 1 - 9:00 AM - May 5, 2019 - 6:00 PM|
|Location||Cairo, محافظة القاهرة, Egypt|
|Sectors||Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Construction and manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene|