You need money, but are stuck in the missing middle? Take the fast-track and apply here!
What is this?
“Fast-track to investors for the missing middle”is a program by Latimpacto and LeFil Consulting, sponsored by PES Latam to help some of Latam’s most promising and fast-growing impact ventures overcome the missing middle funding gap.
It is addressed to growing market-based companies, which have shown a great track record, and are investable but struggle to go to the next level for lack of funding (50-250k USD range). The applicants might already have gone through an accelerator but are struggling to connect with investors and/or negotiate their first serious investment deal.
The selected ventures will receive investment readiness support and have the opportunity to pitch directly to investors interested and/or committed to putting resources to bridge the missing middle gap.
What ventures are we looking for?
- Commercial enterprises (for profit companies) in sectors relevant to impact, such as (but not limited to) health, education, agriculture, energy, food, and fintech
- Fast-growing and investable
- Looking to raise 50-250k USD, but struggle to get their first or second ‘missing middle’ investment deal
- Core value proposition around improving the accessibility or affordability of life-changing, essential products or services for their users or suppliers, and creating value for vulnerable or discriminated populations
- With a management team and financial team committed to allocating sufficient time and resources to in the investment readiness process
What are the prizes?
Three selected ventures will be offered investment readiness support which includes the following activities:
- Development of a complete financial model including historical results, unit economics, and 5 years projections of the three financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow) and cash need.
- Development of a Capital Raising Strategy including cash need, use of funds, and investment vehicle.
- Support in creating investor materials: One Pager and Pitch Deck.
- Ventures will also be offered to pitch in front of up to 25 investors members of Latimpacto who are active or exploring allocating resources to bridge the missing middle gap. Interested investors could start a due diligence process. However, all ventures will receive feedback after their pitch, so they can improve their chances of funding.
How to apply?
- Step 1. Click on the apply button at the top right corner of this page and register an account in your name
- Step 2. Create a profile for your venture at VC4A.com if you do not have one
- Step 3.Fill out the application form HERE
PES Latamis a comprehensive program with the mission to accelerate the emergence and growth of social enterprises across Latin America and the Caribbean
ES2 Latam is a new platform that empowers and connect social entrepreneurs and their ecosystem in Latin America and the Caribbean
Latimpacto is the community of human, intellectual and financial capital providers committed to achieving solutions with greater social and environmental impact in Latin America and the Caribbean.
LeFil Consulting is a consulting firm specialized in inclusive businesses, which supports entrepreneurs, corporations and governments to accelerate social innovations for the greater good
Kaya Impacto is a financial consulting company that helps socio-environmental organizations achieve their vision and scale their impact by providing them strategic and financial advice.