We want to promote the digital transformation of SMEs and businesses that can continue to contribute to economic development and reactivation through innovation in Paraguay and the world.
Awards Conecta by Tigo Business in alliance with Koga is a competition of enterprises co-organized by Telefónica Celular of Paraguay S.A.E. (Tigo), and KOGA S.A. (Koga), which seeks to promote and reward the digital transformation of SMEs and businesses that can continue to contribute to economic development and reactivation through innovation in Paraguay and the world.
The effects of the pandemic from the spread of COVID-19 are shaking up socio-economic structures globally. This awakens an imminent need for startups and startups to adapt in times of uncertainty, opening the way to a digital evolution. Paraguay is a young country where, approximately 70% of its population is below the age of 30, and it is the best place and time for the development of the knowledge economy. Addressing this crisis will allow us to accelerate the necessary innovation processes, assimilating the great changes that come in all sectors and showing that we are able to transform ourselves to drive new business models that allow us to face the new way of living.
- Promote the digitisation of enterprises and SMEs that can accelerate the country’s economic reactivation process.
- Train and train entrepreneurs to put forward successful solutions to the current crisis.
- Promoting new models of sustainable and triple-impact business; economic, social and environmental.
- Driving development through effective innovation and digital transformation of enterprises in Paraguay.
Stage 1: Postulation of Enterprises
Until 22 November 2020
Stage 2: Pre-Incubation for Finalists
The 5 finalists will participate in a pre-incubation process
Stage 3: Grand Final
The 5 finalist teams present their proposals to the jury
Stage 4: Accompanying and awards
The 3 winning teams will receive advising and mentorship for 5 months
CHARACTERISTICS OF ENTERPRISES The competition will reward innovative and viable enterprises that incorporate digital technology or digital transformation processes.
The enterprises presented must be led by an entrepreneur/a together with a team of work. Each team should have a sustainable plan that will allow them to continue their implementation once the prize money has been exhausted. In this sense, they should be supported by a scalable business model.
Each of the 2 projects selected as winners will be awarded with:
- 5,000 USD in cash.
- Incubation in Koga for 5 months.
- Tigo Business Services for SMBs at no cost for 6 months.
- Awards valued at USD 8,000 per team.