Startup Reactor is seeking out STARTUPS!
Startup Reactor is a 5-month program aimed at supporting and accelerating startups in Egypt with a high potential for accelerated growth. 30 startups will qualify for Ignition (Bootcamp stage) and will receive mentorship and training, with up to 15 startups proceeding to Plasma stage and receiving full program benefits. The top 3 startups will be awarded 15,000 Euros in cash prizes, with further investment opportunities from Innoventures and VC4A investor network.
- Main Track – Your startup can be in any industry
- Specialized Media Track powered by JuiceLabs – Your startup is in media, advertising, analytics, content platform, content creation automation, ecommerce, talent management, influencer management et
- eKhorda Program powered by CleanTech Arabia and SRI – Your startup recycles electronic waste (deadline 5th March)
What do you get from the program?
- 5 months intensive training on business and operational skills
- Access to office space and facilities
- Exclusive access and mentorship from some of Egypt’s leading business personalities
- Company registration and legal advice
- Support services such as accounting, HR and branding/marketing
- Demo day in front of local and international investors
- Features in local and international media
- Equity funding up to 300,000 EGP
- Top 3 startups will receive cash prizes worth 15,000 Euros
What’s the process?
Step 1: Application
Fill in the full application form. Qualifying startups may be asked to attend an interview. Be one of the 30 selected startups by the committee to advance to the next step.
Step 2: Ignition
30 STARTUPS enroll in one month bootcamp consisting of 5 coaching sessions. Be one of the 10-15 selected startups by the committee to advance to the next step.
Step 3: Plasma
10-15 STARTUPS will receive full accelerator package benefits at Innoventures HQ in Cairo. This includes mentorship, facilities, company registration and more.
Step 4: Nova
STARTUPS will get to pitch in front of potential investors, industry professionals and partners, and a change to receive funding opportunities from other investors attending. 3 STARTUPS will be chosen by the committee to receive cash prizes!
- First Prize: 8,000 Euros
- Second Prize: 4,000 Euros
- Third Prize: 2,000 Euros
PLUS A NEW BONUS PRIZE THROUGH AN AUDIENCE VOTE: WIN 1,000 EUROS (wow the people!)
Are you eligible?
- At least one of team members less than 35 years old
- Based in Egypt, and willing to join the program in Cairo
- Startup is less than 3 years in operations
- Startup hasn’t received more than 100,000 EGP funding
Submit your application today! Applications close 1st April, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
was launched in 2011 as an innovation platform to bring the wealth of original Egyptian ideas to market by providing a platform catering to today’s entrepreneurs in the region. The company caught the attention of the entrepreneurial industry and community when it partnered with Google to design and execute a first of its kind program for Internet startups in Egypt. The program created widespread impact, and provided exposure to a vast network of mentors, investors and entrepreneurs.
VC4A is a platform for startup funding, dedicated to building game changing companies on the African continent and supporting the growth of Africa’s startup ecosystem. Together with Innoventures LLC, VC4A believes Startup Reactor will be a milepost in building the continent’s entrepreneurship community, expanding its international network.
A tech investment company with an acceleration program for post-seed startups in web/mobile with specific focus on media and e-commerce. They boast a strong board and group of mentors who are key figures in the region as well as the US. They also allow startups to benefit from a great in house team of experts within the specified verticals of interest. Offices in Cairo + Dubai ensure regional exposure and access, fast.
is an electronic waste recycling entrepreneurship support program that aims to helpbuild operational e-waste companies by end of 2017 as part of the Sustainable Recycling Industries (SRI) project. E-Khorda’s implementing partners are: Centre for Environment and Development for the Arab Region and Europe (CEDARE), Chemonics Egypt Consultants (CE), Cleantech Arabia and Ministry of Trade and Industry.
|Application deadline|| April 2|
|Program dates|| April 17 - November 30, 2017|
|Location|| Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt|
|Sectors|| Retail and wholesale, Agribusiness, Automotive, Banking, Clean technology, Computer hardware, Computer software, Construction, Creative, media and entertainment, Diversified services, E-commerce, Education, Electronics, Financial services, Food and beverage, Healthcare, Insurance, Internet, Leisure and travel, Manufacturing, Mobile, Real estate, Renewable energy, Telecom, Transport and logistics, Utilities, Waste management and recycling, Water, sanitation and hygiene|