* Central European Summer Time
IKEA is launching their first Startup program ever – IKEA Bootcamp!
IKEA Bootcamp is about collaborating and co-building with startups. We are looking for startups to help us solve the IKEA ‘Big Problems’ around being truly affordable for the many people, reaching and interacting with the many, and enabling a positive impact on the planet, people and society. If you are a startup working on solving the Big Problems, we want to invite you to apply for the IKEA Bootcamp program.
The program invites early stage startups from all over the world to find new solutions to the challenges in people’s everyday life. Ten startups will be part of the first program, which starts September 2017 and runs for three months. We are looking for startups within the following verticals:
– Disruptive Design (i.e. IoT, AR, VR, and 3D printing)
– Customer Experience and Retail (i.e. Omnichannel, VR shopping, Last mile delivery, Ecommerce & Mobile Services, Marketing, Financing Models and Chatbots)
– Disruptive Design (i.e. AI Assisted Design, Smart Materials & Innovation, Sensor Tech, and Digitally Modifiable Furniture)
– Sustainability (i.e. Green Footprint, Recycling, Sourcing & Natural Resources, Smart Energy, Smart Buildings, Manufacturing 4.0, Biomaterials, and Circularity)
– Food Innovation (i.e. Urban Farming, VR Food Tasting, New Ingredients, Sustainable Sourcing, Food Conservation, and Healthy Eating)
– Manufacturing (i.e. Cost Reduction Technologies, Assembly Processes, Optimizing Packaging, Sustainable Manufacturing Processes, and Material innovation)
– Supply Chain and Logistics (i.e. Shipping & Tracking, End-to-end Tracking, Logistics & Delivery, Fleet Management, Supply Chain Resiliency, and Drones)
– Systems and Analytics (Big Data, Data Visualisation, Supply Chain & Inventory Management, Predictive Analytics, and Cloud Innovation)
The selected startups will get access to IKEA’s expertise & mentors, IKEA’s prototype shop & testlabs, tailored mentorship and advice from Rainmaking’s global network of entrepreneurs, experts & investors, a €20K grant to spend on building your product and startup, and free co-working space & housing.
And no, IKEA don’t take equity in the startups. What’s not to like?
IKEA and Rainmaking first met during autumn 2016 when IKEA New Business & Innovation was on an inspirational trip to find new ideas and collaborations.
After a first visit meeting Rainmaking and different entrepreneurs, IKEA got inspired to continue opening up for curious and motivated startups. A few more visits and catchups later it was decided in February 2017, that IKEA and Rainmaking was going to co-create a startup program together. The result was launched in May 2017 as IKEA Bootcamp.
Apply no later than August 6th, 2017!