Who can participate?
18-to 35-year-olds, nationals and residents of Latin American and Caribbean member countries of IFAD.
Enrolment can be individual or in groups or even through institutions. In case of groups/institutions, at least 80% of participants must be between 18-to 35-year-olds.
What are the categories?
The competing initiatives for the Award have to present solutions that constitute examples of good practices and technologies applied and implemented to overcome the challenges imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic in the region. They should contribute to the resolution of problems related to rural areas, especially with small local producers.
At the time of enrolment, the postulant initiative must indicate that it belongs to one of the following categories:
- Market access and marketing solutions
- Connectivity solutions
- Financial inclusion
- Recycling and alternative energies
- Female empowerment and gender inclusion
What is an innovative initiative?
Innovation is a concept that can encompass many meanings. We understand that innovation is the change that occurs when including or adopting a novelty in different contexts, is the result of a process of problem solving, which includes technical, conception, development and management activities and that can result in the commercialization of new products or services and/or include the use of new processes.
Innovation also has several dimensions, namely:
- introduction of new products;
- introduction of new production methods;
- new forms of socio-economic organization;
- development of new sources of supply of raw materials and supplies; and
- creation of new market structures.
The documents required for registration must be sent next to the registration form.
- Document of official identity of the legal representative (s), in the case of a legally constituted institution, and also of the person responsible for the registration;
- Documents that illustrate and check the registered initiative (videos, systematization of the process, texts, reports, technical projects, manuals, brochures, images, presentations, etc.) Some additional information may be requested if the Evaluation Committee deems it necessary.
How to prove that my initiative is being implemented?
Through documents such as systematization of processes, texts, reports, technical projects, manuals, brochures and/or videos and/or images.
If the Prize Team deems it necessary, additional information will be requested, so it is advisable to attach the maximum possible of documents.
What are the prizes?
The winning initiatives will be awarded with courses of international training and outreach throughout Latin America and the Caribbean.
Requirements for the presentation of initiatives
To present a proposal for the Prize (the “Initiative” or the “Initiatives”), the
- Present only one Initiative per individual or per group;
- Send all information and support materials in English, Spanish or Portuguese;
- Provide the required information and supporting materials according to the Initiative Form (the “Form”) in a complete and accurate way.
When submitting an initiative, the Participant:
- Accepts the applicability and compliance of these Terms and Conditions in their entirety; and
- Certificates that the information provided on the Initiative, including its authorship and ownership, is complete and accurate to your knowledge. The Participant may present an Initiative for which the Participant does not have intellectual or property rights. In such a case, the Participant shall expressly indicate on the Form, providing complete and accurate information according to its best knowledge, identity, and contact information of the rightful owner.
- IFAD shall have the right to publish the name of the Participant and the Initiative on any of its websites, as well as a brief description and, where appropriate, the logo of the Initiative and any material (including videos and photographs in which they appear) obtained by IFAD in connection with the Award, including during the Award Ceremony. In that case, the content of the description and any other aspects will be subject to IFAD’s discretion, as well as its rules, policies, and procedures. IFAD can remove the Initiative from its website at any time, either temporarily or permanently, without having to justify its decision or inform the Participant.
|Program dates||Apr 5 - May 5, 2021|
|Organizer||International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)|
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
1. No Poverty, 2. Zero Hunger, 17. Partnerships to achieve the Goal