|Application deadline||Aug 15|
Fiji, Kiribati, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Africa, Americas, Antarctica Region, Asia, Europe, Australia and New Zealand
|Sectors||Business services, Legal services|
Citizens need solutions to their pressing justice problems. Since 2012, the HiiL Justice Accelerator has existed to scout and support the world’s best justice innovations.
A justice innovation is:
- Helping people prevent or resolve a pressing justice need
- Helping people resolve problems in their daily lives
- Helping improve the effectiveness of justice systems
- Has the ability to help millions of people
If you have a project that fits the above, you are a justice innovator, otherwise called a justice entrepreneur. And, this means we are able to help you.
WHAT WE OFFER:
To grow, justice innovations need “fuel.” The HiiL Justice Accelerator scouts and fuels the world’s best justice innovators in many forms. We provide you with funding, help to engage the justice sector, networking connections, mentorship, business development, technical partners, justice sector data to the community.
Every year we support a selected cohort of the world’s most promising justice innovations and offer:
- Grant funding up to 20,000 EUR.
- Business Acceleration Support. This means regular 1-on-1 counselling and developing solutions
- Local incubation (where possible). If you reside close to one of our 7 hubs, we can provide a local advisor, otherwise called an “Innovating Justice Agent”.
- Mentorship. We can connect you with local (where available) and global mentors.
- Connections. HiiL has a network around the world: with justice institutions, impact investors, legal tech organisations, academics.
- Promotion and branding. You can proudly display the HiiL logo on your site showing that you are part of the HiiL Justice Accelerator programme.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
We look for ventures with strong potential to prevent or resolve pressing justice needs. Examples of such ventures are those that deliver concrete justice solutions for many people, including micro, small and medium-sized businesses, and initiatives within existing justice systems or public institutions, spearheaded by driven intrapreneurs.
- Innovative justice initiatives who can make a significant social impact
- Ventures that have a business model and the ambition to scale across a country or internationally
- Ventures that have a business model that enables them to become financially sustainable
- Ventures led by a motivated and strong team that includes experienced and inspiring founder(s)