Our Principles and Approaches
Helvetas strives for a fairer world in which every person can fulfill her or his basic needs. We support women and men in taking charge of improving their livelihoods in a sustainable manner and in working together as partners. The impact of our work is the product of a of a three-pronged approach: project work, thematic and methodological advice as well as policy dialogue at local, regional and international level. In Switzerland, awareness raising efforts and our fairtrade shop complete our commitment.
- We work in partnership on the basis of shared values and strengthen our partners in their autonomy.
- We shape our programs in an innovative and sustainable manner.
- We actively engage in development policy dialogue seeking to influence international regulatory frameworks towards being more just and responsive to the demands of developing countries.
- We work with civil society organizations, private sector and government actors and promote exchange among them at local, national and international levels.
- We take into account the local context. In fragile situations, we engage in conflict prevention and management.
- We foster intercultural dialogue, the exchange of experiences and knowledge and thus learn for our future work.
- We uphold good governance and democratic accountability, including the fight against corruption.
- We work in an outcome-oriented and efficient manner. As a learning organization, we systematically monitor the results and impacts of our programs and projects.
- We are committed to transparency and accountability towards our partners and stakeholders. We foster open internal and external communication.
- We support the professional and personal development of our personnel.
Albania, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Madagascar, Mali, Moldova (Republic of), Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Peru, Serbia, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Vietnam
|SDG (2)||1. No Poverty, 17. Partnerships to achieve the Goal|