Has your brilliant concept taken off already? Get the push it deserves by applying to Thrive 2018 and take your start-up to the next level.
Thrive 2018 is a business acceleration program for start-ups that have proven their business idea, have a customer base and are looking at scaling their operations. 10-12 start-ups will be selected through an application process. The selected start-ups will receive comprehensive business acceleration for 3 months.
The package includes but not limited to the following: office space, business training, programming/tech support, business development (including marketing), legal advice, accounting support and fund-raising support.
Duration (Dates have been revised)
The program will start on 23rd April 2018 and ends on 29th June 2018
The Process (Dates have been revised)
- 12th February – Application opens
- 30th March – Application closes
- 2nd to 5th April –shortlisting of applicants
- 9th to 12th April – Interviews
- 13th April – Announcement of successful applicants
- 23rd April – Acceleration begins
Apart from the team’s ability to demonstrate passion and commitment toward their start-ups, the following general criteria shall apply:
- Although not a strict requirement, we prefer a team size of 2-3 co-founders.
- Start-ups must be technology-enabled businesses (not necessarily tech start-ups) or a Social Enterprise that have the potential to scale and turn in profits.
- Start-ups must have been operating for at least 2 years.
- Start-up team members must be physically present in Kumasi to fully participate in all activities.
- All start-up team members are required to complete the Thrive 2018 syllabus through our bi-weekly (every two weeks) business training program.
- An average of six contact hours a week (2 hours a day for three days) is required to complete the syllabus in three months.
- All start-up team members must also be available to fully participate in other activities of the Thrive 2018 program such as mentoring sessions, customer surveys/interviews, demo day and press events.
We have a soft spot for:
- Teams that have female founders.
- Teams with technical co-founders
- Office space: All start-ups shall be given office space in a co-working environment at no cost for the entire period of the incubation program i.e. three months. This comes with free internet.
- Technical support: There will be a team of developers to support start-ups that need technical assistance to power their businesses on web, mobile or cloud platforms.
- Business development support: For any business documentation needed – contracts, service level agreements, non-disclosure agreements, shareholder/partnership agreements, business and marketing plans, etc. – the business development team will be on call to assist.
- Professional services: Your team’s selection to this program means, for three months, you have access to free legal, accounting and business consulting services.
- Branding and promotion: Start-ups will have free access to our video and graphic equipment to create digital content for promoting their businesses. Start-ups will also be supported to promote their brands online.
- Business training: All start-ups shall receive comprehensive business training on business model design, product development, digital marketing, investor pitching and raising capital, etc.
- Fundraising: The ultimate goal of Thrive 2018 is to make all start-ups investor-ready. By the end of the incubation period, start-ups will have the opportunity to apply to various investors and funding institutions to get funding for their businesses.
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may WhatsApp the following numbers: +233248740284, +233200447661, +233503567166