Find out the next steps to apply to be a part of ShelterTech accelerators, apply for catalytic funds, or inquire about becoming a partner, investor, or mentor with the ShelterTech platform.
About the program
ShelterTech is coming to Southeast Asia and the Andean region, and we are seeking disruptive products and services with the capacity to improve housing livability and affordability for low-income families.
The accelerator is an online platform to fast track startups and scaleups by providing customized learning and support through pilot testing, peer sharing, learning labs, mentorship, investor connections, and much more.
Who are we looking for?
Startups and scaleups must be based in one of the following countries: Southeast Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Be legally incorporated as a for-profit entity.
- Have a minimum viable product.
- Have meaningful customer or business validation.
- Be working toward products and services that can improve housing livability and affordability.
We are open to innovations that have the potential to disrupt the affordable housing sector. However, we are most passionate about startups and scaleups with housing-related solutions in sectors such as materials, labor, finance, land, markets, energy, and water and sanitation — particularly those whose innovations can address challenges related to COVID-19.
What will participants get?
ShelterTech participants are pioneers within the world’s leading platform for affordable housing innovation, joining a thriving ecosystem at the forefront of today’s most pressing global shelter challenges. Selected startups and scale-ups receive stage-agnostic support and catalytic funds.
Our application and selection phase runs from Aug. 31 – Nov. 25. Below is a detailed timeline for this phase.
- Aug. 31, 2020 Applications open.
- Sept. 30, 2020 Application deadline (extended until October 19)
- Sept. 23 & Oct. 7, 2020 Applicants receive more information during the virtual roadshows.
- Oct. 20-30, 2020 Applicants are notified if they made the first cut and introduce themselves in an interview.
- Nov. 11-13, 2020 Applicants pitch in front of the selection committee.
- Nov. 25, 2020 Southeast Asia and Andean region cohorts will be announced.
The ShelterTech platform offers catalytic funds of up to US$25,000 for ventures to better position themselves for growth and scale.
We are now accepting applications for 2020 catalytic funds in India. Learn more about the catalytic funds and how to apply.
Other ways to get involved
Are you passionate about the affordable housing sector and looking for a way to get involved with ShelterTech to help lift up housing solutions that radically improve the lives of low-income families?
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, partner, investor or finding another way to participate, fill out our inquiry form.