Find out what the next steps are to participate in ShelterTech’s company accelerators, request catalyst funds, or ask how to become an ally, investor or mentor to the ShelterTech platform.
On the program
ShelterTech is coming to Southeast Asia and the Andean region and we are looking for disruptive products and services, with the ability to improve housing affordability and affordability for low-income families.
The enterprise accelerator is an online platform that drives startups and scalups, providing them with personalized learning and support through pilot testing, peer-to-peer exchanges, learning labs, mentorships, investor contacts and much more.
Who are we looking for?
Startups and scalups should be based in one of the following countries: Southeast Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Andean Region: Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru
- Being legally incorporated as a for-profit entity.
- Have a minimum viable product.
- Count with significant client or business model validation.
- Being directed toward products and services that can improve housing habitability and accessibility.
We are interested in innovations that have the potential to break into the affordable housing sector. We are passionate about startups and scaleups offering housing solutions in sectors such as materials, labor, finance, access to soil, markets, energy and water and sanitation, in particular, those innovations that can address COVID-19-related challenges.
What will participants get?
ShelterTech participants are pioneers in the world’s leading platform for affordable housing innovation and join a thriving ecosystem at the forefront of the most urgent global challenges in accommodation. Selected startups and scalups will receive support based on their maturity level, as well as access to catalyst funds.
Our application and selection phase runs from August 31 to November 25.
The following is a detailed timeline for this phase:
- August 31, 2020 Opening the application period.
- September 30, 2020 Application deadline. (Extended to October 19)
- September 23 and October 7, 2020 Applicants receive more information during virtual roadshows.
- 20-30 October 2020 Applicants are notified if they move on to the next stage and are presented in an interview.
- 11-13 November 2020 Applicants present the startup (pitch) in front of the selection committee.
- November 25, 2020 Selected cohorts from Southeast Asia and the Andean region will be announced.
The ShelterTech platform offers catalyst funds of up to USD 25,000 for enterprises to better position themselves in order to grow and scale their initiatives.
We are accepting applications related to funding from startups based in India. Learn more about catalyst funds and apply today.
Other ways to participate
Are you passionate about the affordable housing sector and looking for a way to get involved with ShelterTech to help foster housing solutions that radically improve the lives of low-income families? If you are interested in becoming a mentor, ally, investor, or find another way to participate, complete our query form.