The influence of women in society, business and politics are growing, but in terms of leadership positions, earning and career opportunities, the gender gap is still strongly noticeable. This also applies to the start-up area: female founders are still underrepresented and find it difficult to access financing through venture capital or scaling-up. The corona pandemic is also hitting women worldwide much more severely than men. This is especially true for developing and emerging countries. But it is precisely there that the potential of female start-ups is great: societal challenges are tackled here with socio-ecological innovations.
Goals of the mentoring program:
- Exchange of experience between female founders from Germany and Africa
- Reverse mentoring – Exchange of skills, knowledge and understanding of entrepreneurship for mutual benefit
- Bridging the cross-cultural gap between different countries
How to apply?
Within the framework of “Female Shift”, the Business Scouts for Development (BSfD) program aims to create digital offers for African and German women entrepreneurs and set up a mutual mentoring program. Join the mentoring program by sending in the mentoring questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org
How your contribution to development cooperation works?
- Increase the visibility of female founders and entrepreneurs from Germany and Africa
- Create synergies and community and to support innovative approaches
We are looking for female entrepreneurs from Germany and Africa, with a focus on the Berlin-Brandenburg region and the countries of Namibia, Rwanda and South Africa.