|Application deadline||Jan 5, 2020|
|Program dates||Feb 20 - Jul 16, 2020|
|Organizer||Ghana Innovation HubIncubator|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer durables, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Automotive, Clothing and textiles production, Computer hardware, Electronics, Food production, Furniture
About the program
The second cohort of the Orange Corners Ghana Acceleration Program lasts for 6 months – from February 2020 to July 2020. During this period, you will have access to a coach who will help you design and implement a growth strategy for your business. They will be available for a weekly update call with you.
There are 10 workshop days with all 15 company owners, focusing on (new) market opportunities, reaching your ideal customers, governance and compliance, improving your operations, impact measurement, raising investment, partnerships, building the right team, and financial management. During these workshops we will design an action plan for you and your team to implement and you can interact with the other business owners. We are well aware that you as a business owner might be caught up in (other) operational issues, so your coach has 1 day a month to spend time with you or your team at your office. This time can be used to help with implementation, join meetings with potential partners or build capacity of staff.
Next to this, we will also have regular network sessions and monthly masterclasses from our corporate partners. Examples are cross-border trade, accounting or masterclasses on technology for invoicing, which the relevant members of your team can attend. During the program, you and your team will also have access to the Orange Corners working space at the Ghana Innovation Hub. At the end of the program you should have a growth plan with clear KPIs to further build your business.
In July 2020, there will be a large networking event for you to promote your (new) products and services – gaining access to the network of the Netherlands Embassy, the Ghana Innovation Hub and our corporate partners. If there is a need for growth funding we will try to introduce you to our investment partners after the program.
We will be selecting up to 15 businesses and are looking for registered businesses with existing sales. Your business has a client base– but you are looking to grow by e.g. developing new products and services, expanding regionally or grow the existing client base. We do not have a sector focus. Our selection criteria are:
- Your company has been in business for at least a year
- You offer an innovative product or service that offers a sustainable solution to a local social, economic or environmental challenge
- Your business has proven its concept through sales and you can provide financial statement for 2018 and 2019 (to date) to demonstrate this
- You have multiple team members.
- You are not participating in any other programs or competitions
- You are serious about growing your business and are looking for investment – not grants.
- The founder /CEO is available for selection bootcamp, workshop dates and coaching and the team is available to work on market validation during the six months
- Located in the greater Accra region and/or be able to pay for own transport to- and from the Ghana Innovation Hub
- You are between 18 – 35 years
To ensure participation and commitment to the program, businesses will pay a GHC1000 deposit upon selection which will be refunded to them after full participation for the program workshops and coaching.
- Susanne Roelofsen posted an update on the Acceleration Program page Orange Corners Acceleration programme.
Only 6 more days to apply! If selected, we will jointly design a growth plan and work with you and your team to implement it. Did you know the program offers 1 hour of coaching per week and 1 day per month of support at your office? Join us now and apply before August 11 through http://www.ghanainnovationhub.com/orangecorners