* Greenwich Mean Time
What we look for
Driven local (Senegal) and international (French & English speaking) mentors willing to impact Africa by sharing Technical/Vocational Skills with our next 20-30 Talents starting their 6-months immersion in enterprise by the end of November 2017.
- Followed our Program in Software Leadership
- High potential yet-to-be-employed young graduates
- Aged between 22 to 28 years
- Based in Senegal (although different nationalities)
- Currently identified through a highly selective process (MOOCs, Makers Day – code day, proctored exam, 3-day-bootcamp, technical acceleration)
- High potential to be Innovators and Game-Changers for the African market.
During the 6 months immersion, talents will have academic tutoring, MOOCs, 25 technical training-sessions and hands-on reinforcement working on a project in an enterprise and simultaneously their own personal project. They will be supported by a range of mentors willing to empower their potential and strengthen their skills. To ensure high quality top talents, mentors in both technical as well as vocational skills are a requisite.
What profile we expect from an online mentor (Nov 2017 – April 2018)
- SOFT SKILLS (max 3h a week): Communication skills, Leadership, Collaboration, Presentation, Selling, Personal Finance Management.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS (max 3h a week): Front-end, Backend, Programming, UX design, UI Design, Design Thinking, Ideation, Problem Solving, Web & Mobile Development, Java, AngularJS, React, NodeJS, SQL, NoSQL, Android.
(Always open Mentorship: Special Single Events at location, like Bootcamp: 3 days to 1 week – max. 9 hours a day)
Find more information on mentorship at EDACY in our Brochure.
Find out who is already among us on our mentorpage.
For more questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll get back to you once application process is closed.
Quotes from EDACY mentors:
Ayo Sopitan: ‘Through @EDACYHQ I mentor a remarkable young Software Engineer based in Dakar Senegal. He gives me hope for Africa and Africans.’
Shirah Foy: ‘Unforgettable moments of learning and growing through design shared with 35 great students from across West Africa!‘